PDA

View Full Version : help required please......

DJmissbehaving
08-12-2008, 02:07 PM
When playing music from my laptop either via winamp or clubdj i get a skipping sound from my tracks on my hard drive.......I know the music is all clean as it works on other laptops......So i decided it could maybe be my norton antivirus or maybe a bug so i took it into computer shop in town.......explained to guy what was wrong.....i said i was really looking for my laptop to be restarted back to square one so he did.....
Got my laptop back on saturday in time for my gig but the skipping sound is still there when playing music.......also now when i start it up i get the new found hardware wizzard popping up at every login.....It says something about modem which i cant quite remember now.....can anyone give me any tips or pointers??? I am going to take it back to him tomorrow 2see what he says about it but was just looking for some advice before i do......

Have just seen what it says about modem as i restarted it....says"modem device on high definition audio bus" i dont know what that means

sp-entertainment
08-12-2008, 02:29 PM
sounds like the drivers for the modem haven't been installed if you don't use it i would disable in device manger as it could interfare with the sound with it being a software modem

DJmissbehaving
08-12-2008, 02:38 PM
I do use it......well i am hoping to again when everything gets sorted out....What will that do to my sound from laptop though??? Think i may just leave it as is and take back tomorrow dont want to delete something just incase.....do you think that could be why it is doin the skipping song with my music???

sp-entertainment
08-12-2008, 02:48 PM
it could be because software modem's use the sound card to work hence it saying "modem device on high definition audio bus" although it was doing it before you had it reinstalled

with you paying to have it done i would take it back to him as he hasn't done a proper job of it and tell him the driver for the modem needs installing

DJmissbehaving
08-12-2008, 03:01 PM
yes i will take back tomorrow and tell him what is popping up at each restart.....thankyou for your help x