PDA

View Full Version : How To Extend the lead on My Smoke Machine Controller

jamie.t294
08-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi,

My smoke machine controller has a 1/4" jack output and a controller. The only problem is that the controller cable is very small and i can't put it up on my rig without the controller being up there as well!!!

What cord is out on the market (or that i could make relatively cheaply) which can extend this. I have looked on maplin but to no prevail. I am looking for a 10 metre length

Thanks!!!!!

Corabar Steve
08-12-2008, 05:20 PM
It's probably not a good idea to try & extend the lead. Can you find out if the manufacturer of your machine does a remote with a longer lead or maybe a wireless remote?

Excalibur
08-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Hi,

My smoke machine controller has a 1/4" jack output and a controller. The only problem is that the controller cable is very small and i can't put it up on my rig without the controller being up there as well!!!

What cord is out on the market (or that i could make relatively cheaply) which can extend this. I have looked on maplin but to no prevail. I am looking for a 10 metre length

Thanks!!!!!

Not exactly what you requested, but a good start.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=11424

jamie.t294
08-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Not exactly what you requested, but a good start.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=11424

Thanks very much for that. I must have missed it! It's almost exactly what I am looking for!!

Grahame Case
08-12-2008, 10:55 PM
watch if you are adding an extension on as the remotes are powered, and you can get a failry nasty jolt from them (experience here when modifying a Lemaitre Showmist to work over a Multicore

Corabar Steve
08-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Also it'll void any warranty

mldiscos
09-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi,

Thanks!!!!!

i think i've got a spare one left over from when my first smoke machine died, from what i can remember it's about 20-25ft (i think) if you're after one let me know and im sure we can sort something out.

sleah
09-12-2008, 03:01 PM
If it's using a 1/4 inch jack, like the extension that was linked to, then it's very very unlikely to be the type with mains running down it.
In which case the extension linked to is quite likely to be appropriate.
However, like I've mentioned in a different topic, if you're having to ask, it may be a good idea to physically take it to an expert for guidance.

nigelwright7557
09-12-2008, 09:39 PM
If it's using a 1/4 inch jack, like the extension that was linked to, then it's very very unlikely to be the type with mains running down it.
In which case the extension linked to is quite likely to be appropriate.
However, like I've mentioned in a different topic, if you're having to ask, it may be a good idea to physically take it to an expert for guidance.

Good reply.

Its likely to be low volts to power a relay when you press the button.....

jamie.t294
10-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks everyone for your help.

I got a cable from maplins on the off-chance, and it seemed to work! I was a bit worried though!