PDA

View Full Version : Balloon Net

ppentertainments
11-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Not sure if this is correct section or not, please move if not.

Does anyone use a balloon net ?? I had a dsco for the local scout group the other day and used a 'one use' baloon bag I got off ebay for a couple of quid. it went down really well and is something I think could be a good add-on.

I have found a couple of suppliers of the nets but not sure about hanging, do's and don'ts etc.

Any advice would be great, thanks :beer1:

DazzyD
11-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi Chris.

From experience, the single-use net bags with the rip-cords are by far the best. I paid £30 for a huge net in July for wor lass's mams' 60th bash. I set up in the afternoon - major problems hanging the darn thing from the ceiling. No way could I fix up the pulley system I'd built. I finally decided to use gaffer tape to tape it up and then release the balloons by pulling on a string attached to one of the corners. In theory, not a bad idea. When I got back to the venue, I found the tape hadn't held it and the balloons were everywhere. Ended up removing some ceiling tiles and fixing it to electrics fittings in the roof.

Never used it since!

UltraBeat Entertainment
12-12-2008, 07:55 AM
To much hassle. Maybe new years eve but thats about it.

ppentertainments
12-12-2008, 09:48 AM
To much hassle. Maybe new years eve but thats about it.

Thanks for your well thought out reply :D :p :D
It does seem like a hassle but there must be something out there to make it work easier. The main problem as Dazzy says is getting the :Censored: to hang up.

rob1963
12-12-2008, 02:05 PM
To much hassle.

:agree:

Babybob
12-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Have you tried skyhooks........sorry.:D :o

ppentertainments
13-12-2008, 12:16 AM
:agree:
Thanks for your help Rob :D :D

Have you tried skyhooks........sorry.:D :o

OK cheers. another piece of help :D :D

Any serious answers here ???

JAMdisco
17-12-2008, 08:30 AM
I haven't used a balloon net but I did a wedding a few months ago that had a huge balloon with smaller balloons and confetti bits inside. I had to 'detonate' it at a specific point during the first dance.

It just had a wire from a battery to the balloon and the guy who installed it just left the positive connection unconnected. All I had to do was touch the battery contact with the bare wire.

I must say, it looked awesome. Not sure about the cost though.

dmckaraoke
17-12-2008, 12:04 PM
I haven't used a balloon net but I did a wedding a few months ago that had a huge balloon with smaller balloons and confetti bits inside. I had to 'detonate' it at a specific point during the first dance.

It just had a wire from a battery to the balloon and the guy who installed it just left the positive connection unconnected. All I had to do was touch the battery contact with the bare wire.

I supply this type of balloon for my weddings and charge about £50 per balloon..Very time consuming but gives me the edge on other djs....

UltraBeat Entertainment
17-12-2008, 02:25 PM
I supply this type of balloon for my weddings and charge about £50 per balloon..Very time consuming but gives me the edge on other djs....

£50 per a balloon??? Thats a bit expensive. You need at least 10 or 20 balloons to make this effective.

Quick maths. £50x20=£1000 plus extra costs for the net and "rip cord system".

£1000 for a balloon net of 20 balloons. Bit steep don't you think?

JAMdisco
17-12-2008, 02:49 PM
£50 per a balloon??? Thats a bit expensive. You need at least 10 or 20 balloons to make this effective.

No you don't. One balloon was more than enough. The 'main' balloon was about 1.5 metres diameter and ther was loads of small balloons (around 5-6" diameter) and loads of confetti and strips of silver & gold paper inside the big balloon. Hence, when it popped, all the small balloons, confetti and paper exploded everywhere and cascaded over the newly-weds. It looked amazing. :D

UltraBeat Entertainment
17-12-2008, 02:53 PM
No you don't. One balloon was more than enough. The 'main' balloon was about 1.5 metres diameter and ther was loads of small balloons (around 5-6" diameter) and loads of confetti and strips of silver & gold paper inside the big balloon. Hence, when it popped, all the small balloons, confetti and paper exploded everywhere and cascaded over the newly-weds. It looked amazing. :D

That sounds alot better than 1 single balloon for £50. You didn't say there was anything in it:p :D

JAMdisco
17-12-2008, 03:46 PM
May I refer you back to post #8

I think you'll find I did :p :D

DazzyD
27-12-2008, 06:03 PM

I did a wedding a few years ago where they had this exact balloon. It was a fantastic effect which set them back £80. They did the first dance under it and i detonated it at the start of the second verse. It made for a spectacular first dance video!

Quick maths. £50x20=£1000 plus extra costs for the net and "rip cord system".

£1000 for a balloon net of 20 balloons. Bit steep don't you think?

One balloon was fine and it covered half the dancefloor when it went "bang"!

It didn't have a net or ripcord. It was triggered by an electrical charge the same as any other stage pyrotechnic effect.

:agree: :approve: