PDA

View Full Version : New Website

Mark Wild
18-12-2008, 04:57 PM
O.K lads heres my new business website, very simple and purely to generate enquiries. Bound to be teething problems so point out your opinions and also any mistakes you spot. :D
(Sorry if its in the wrong place Mods)

http://markwildentertainment.co.uk

OllieJames
18-12-2008, 05:03 PM
I think it looks very good!

Apart from a couple of grammar/spelling issues, it looks very professional! Great use of images too. You should be proud :)

Mark Wild
18-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I think it looks very good!

Apart from a couple of grammar/spelling issues, it looks very professional! Great use of images too. You should be proud :)

You going to let me in on the spelling/grammar issues secret squirrel? :p

OllieJames
18-12-2008, 05:11 PM
You going to let me in on the spelling/grammar issues secret squirrel? :p

Suppose i could....

:D

I would also make sure you keep to one way of writing. I.E: write as if you are yourself 'I, ME etc' or the business 'We, We Are' etc. This is reflected in point 2.

1) 'It is owned and ran as a small business by myself (Mark Wild).'

i would change to

'It is owned and run as a small business by Mark Wild.'

2) 'This might be a new business but I am by no means new to entertainment, after over 10 years experience as a host/compere/DJ working in pubs and clubs across the country I am more than qualified to make your party one you won't forget in a hurry.'

i would change to

'This might be a new business however we are by no means new to entertainment. Our DJ, Mark Wild has over 10 years experience as a host/compere/DJ working in pubs and clubs across the country therefore making him more than qualified to make your party one you won't forget in a hurry.'

I think that's about it. Wait for other peoples opinions though! :)

rob1963
18-12-2008, 06:05 PM
O.K lads heres my new business website, very simple and purely to generate enquiries. Bound to be teething problems so point out your opinions and also any mistakes you spot. :D
(Sorry if its in the wrong place Mods)

http://markwildentertainment.co.uk

Hi Mark,

Overall, I think it's a simple, clear site which is easy to navigate.

I have the following comments, which I hope you find helpful.

In your logo, the name "Wild" is not easy to read against the background of the same colour. I think the white around the name needs to be bolder. Also, the word "Entertainment" underneath it is virtually impossible to see.

On the home page, "Professional Mobile Disco Entertainment..." needs changing to "Professional mobile disco entertainment..."

Also on the home page, ten words after saying you offer professional mobile disco entertainment you again say you're very professional. I would delete or change this, as I feel it's repetition which occurs too quickly.

One final point on the home page. You list all the occasions you cover as plural, except for engagements, which is listed as engagement...so I'd add the "s" on the end.

On the prices page, I'd lose some of the technical talk such as "M-Audio Xponent (Midi Controller)" "Allen & Heath PA12 CP" "Ultimax Stand with LED Star Cloth and 2.5 meter lighting rig". Some of these don't even mean anything to ME, and I'm a DJ...so potential clients have no chance!

I'd replace these technical things with aspects of your service which may be of more interest to potential clients, such as maybe "A pre-event meeting to discuss your requirements" (assuming you offer this), "The ability to select requests from our wide variety of music" etc.

Finally, on the contact page I'd simplify the enquiry form to make it quicker & easrier to fill in & more multi-purpose. At the moment, you have to fill in 13 different fields...which is quite a lot if you only want to ask "Are you available on xx ?" Take a look at the enquiry form on my site & you'll probably see what I mean.

Hope this helps.

:)

JAMdisco
19-12-2008, 07:19 AM
Finally, on the contact page I'd simplify the enquiry form to make it quicker & easrier to fill in & more multi-purpose. At the moment, you have to fill in 13 different fields...which is quite a lot if you only want to ask "Are you available on xx ?" Take a look at the enquiry form on my site & you'll probably see what I mean.

Hope this helps.

I agree, you could also use my contact form or Excaliburs :D :p ;)

Looks pretty good though, easy to navigate and nice and simple.

Mark Wild
19-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Mark,

Overall, I think it's a simple, clear site which is easy to navigate.

I have the following comments, which I hope you find helpful.

In your logo, the name "Wild" is not easy to read against the background of the same colour. I think the white around the name needs to be bolder. Also, the word "Entertainment" underneath it is virtually impossible to see.

On the home page, "Professional Mobile Disco Entertainment..." needs changing to "Professional mobile disco entertainment..."

Also on the home page, ten words after saying you offer professional mobile disco entertainment you again say you're very professional. I would delete or change this, as I feel it's repetition which occurs too quickly.

One final point on the home page. You list all the occasions you cover as plural, except for engagements, which is listed as engagement...so I'd add the "s" on the end.

On the prices page, I'd lose some of the technical talk such as "M-Audio Xponent (Midi Controller)" "Allen & Heath PA12 CP" "Ultimax Stand with LED Star Cloth and 2.5 meter lighting rig". Some of these don't even mean anything to ME, and I'm a DJ...so potential clients have no chance!

I'd replace these technical things with aspects of your service which may be of more interest to potential clients, such as maybe "A pre-event meeting to discuss your requirements" (assuming you offer this), "The ability to select requests from our wide variety of music" etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Rob :beer1:

rob1963
19-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks Rob :beer1:

My pleasure!

:thumbsup: