PDA

View Full Version : Speaker cabs for sale.

nigelwright7557
20-12-2008, 09:19 PM
I have a surplus speaker cabinet for sale. Simply no room for it.

I have to warn you that this is home built but very sturdy but really does the business.

Used only once, Fane Collossus 600WRMS 18 inch bass cabinet. £150 ONO, speaker driver cost £150 !
Is carpet covered, plastic corners, grill protectors, castors etc etc

One Vision
21-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Nigel do you have any picks please?

nigelwright7557
21-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Nigel do you have any picks please?

http://www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/Fane_collussus_18inchdriver.jpg

Speaker sold so picture removed.....

Corabar Steve
21-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Are there any brakes on that cab?

nigelwright7557
21-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Are there any brakes on that cab?

No brakes but I usually lay it on its side.

A1DL
21-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Why are the wheels on what is clearly the BASE of the speaker, instead of the back?

Excalibur
21-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Why are the wheels on what is clearly the BASE of the speaker, instead of the back?

Well they'd be pretty silly on the top, wouldn't they? :confused: :sofa: :sofa:

For those who haven't realised, I know where Tony's heading, and I can't wait for Nigel's reply. :D :D :D

I'm still waiting for Propeller to point out that Cabs is plural.;) ;) :D :D

nigelwright7557
21-12-2008, 05:27 PM

The speaker would be far too low to push along on wheels if they were on the back.

Well they'd be pretty silly on the top, wouldn't they? :confused: :sofa: :sofa:

I'm still waiting for Propeller to point out that Cabs is plural.;) ;) :D :D

I do have a few for sale but I will start by selling the one.
I forgot to depluralise the header !

Note the speakers are advertised elsewhere too.........

A1DL
21-12-2008, 05:49 PM
The speaker would be far too low to push along on wheels if they were on the back.

so why not have a detachable dolly board instead?

nigelwright7557
21-12-2008, 05:52 PM

Coz it works just fine as it is.

A1DL
21-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Coz it works just fine as it is.

except you can't use the speaker in the upright position because (a) it might roll away and (b) it would sound much better on the floor rather than being raised up on casters.

That box looks like a poor copy of those rather colourful "Disco Smash" boxes one sees at fairgrounds.

nigelwright7557
21-12-2008, 06:00 PM
except you can't use the speaker in the upright position because (a) it might roll away and (b) it would sound much better on the floor rather than being raised up on casters.

It can be rolled onto its side or top if required.
Its not that heavy !

I found in practice that a lot of bass is transferred through the castors anyway. I havent as yet needed it to be off the castors.
But there again it is an 18 incher so has a massive bass.

A1DL
21-12-2008, 06:49 PM
I found in practice that a lot of bass is transferred through the castors anyway.

:youdaman:

That's amazing, Nigel. Have you considered patenting your unique concept of wheels on the base of cabs within Pro Audio? AFAIK only Jamo have done this before (and they weren't Pro Audio - so you should get patent clearance)

You could then licence your revolutionary discovery to the likes of FK1, d&b, Martin Audio etc - all of whom spend huge budgets on R&D and remarkably haven't come up with this simple finding. Then you get £5 or whatever each time someone buys a Res5, C4, etc, for the next 50 years.

To make this even more fandabadozi, you could even have 2 of the 4 casters being of the braked variety!

:whistle:

:Laugh:

who's in charge of Smilies? Callum, is it you? Can we have a "men in white coats" smilie please? :cool:

Excalibur
21-12-2008, 07:08 PM

A bit like mine? :D :D :D :D
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cpf300-heavy-duty-platform-truck/path/pallet-trucks-platform-trucks

Jiggles
21-12-2008, 07:28 PM
who's in charge of Smilies? Callum, is it you? Can we have a "men in white coats" smilie please? :cool:

SADLY NO :( only admins can add them. Ill have a look for one and see if i can get it added :D

A1DL
21-12-2008, 08:22 PM
SADLY NO :( only admins can add them. Ill have a look for one and see if i can get it added :D

You're a good man, Callum. Yuletide greetings to you, young sir :)

Jiggles
21-12-2008, 09:14 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0107.gif Best i can find at the moment!

Excalibur
21-12-2008, 09:27 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0107.gif Best i can find at the moment!

Don't forget these lads. :daft: and :loco:

Tom
21-12-2008, 11:37 PM
I found in practice that a lot of bass is transferred through the castors anyway. I havent as yet needed it to be off the castors.
But there again it is an 18 incher so has a massive bass.

Why didnt you port the sub when you designed it??? That way you could get a lot more deeper sounding bass from the cab. 18" speaker in a sealed cab will just be punchy if im correct.

nigelwright7557
22-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Why didnt you port the sub when you designed it??? That way you could get a lot more deeper sounding bass from the cab. 18" speaker in a sealed cab will just be punchy if im correct.

Its ported on the back.

The spec for the speaker says it mustnt be run without a port.

I dont remember why this cab wasnt braked as all my other cabs are.

pulsemobiledisco
22-12-2008, 07:38 AM
IMO think that would look well out of place on a modern disco rig, despitre if it sounds good or not, it just looks too old fashoned, like a lot of home made speakers do.

501damian501
22-12-2008, 11:58 AM

That box looks like a poor copy of those rather colourful "Disco Smash" boxes one sees at fairgrounds.

disco smash,may not be the best around, but their certainly waterproof!

Mark Wild
22-12-2008, 12:07 PM
So have you sold them yet Nigel? They certainly have alot of interest fella, an offer even?

Tom
22-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Its ported on the back.

The spec for the speaker says it mustnt be run without a port.

I dont remember why this cab wasnt braked as all my other cabs are.

So if want to hear and feel the deep bass, you will need to corner load the sub. Sound a bit daft to have the port on the rear when the party will be infront of it.

How many litres is the cab???

nigelwright7557
22-12-2008, 09:48 PM
So have you sold them yet Nigel? They certainly have alot of interest fella, an offer even?

Many thanks for your interest but the cab has been sold to a local disco.

He said he wanted something with a decent bass output and was very happy after listening to the cab.

Corabar Steve
23-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Obviously didn't care about looks or practicality then :sj:

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Obviously didn't care about looks or practicality then :sj:

He was delighted with the cab and the price.
He said 18 inchers were hard to find at a sensible price.

I sold it to him for what it cost for the driver £150.

He said he was a bit of a bass freak.

A1DL
23-12-2008, 11:26 AM
He was delighted with the cab and the price.
He said 18 inchers were hard to find at a sensible price.

I sold it to him for what it cost for the driver £150.

He said he was a bit of a bass freak.

Personally I would have bought the driver new (they're less than £130 ex vat) and gone up into the woods to get my firewood :)

Corabar Steve
23-12-2008, 11:28 AM
http://planetsmilies.net/sign-smiley-438.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

Grahame Case
23-12-2008, 12:01 PM
didn't know Dave doubledecks was still in business.

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Personally I would have bought the driver new (they're less than £130 ex vat) and gone up into the woods to get my firewood :)

Wooden cabinets are usually used for high power kit.
Plastic is cheap and nasty !

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 08:38 PM

Although wooden cabs sound generally better, you of course are talking out of your bottom with that statement.

Perhaps you should ring EV and RCF to name but two manufacturers who make plastic cabs and tell them that.

I would also love to see a picture of your show on here, so we can really judge what is cheap and nasty.

Home made cab anyone?

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Although wooden cabs sound generally better,

So you agree with me then, thats a first !

I have had a few comments that my disco sounds very good compared to the usual two plastic speakers on a pole setups !

You do realise plastic is used coz its cheap and makes more profit ?

djsteve10
23-12-2008, 08:48 PM

I have had a few comments that my disco sounds very good compared to the usual two plastic speakers on a pole setups !

Have you ever had comments on how classy your show looks? Sorry that speaker just looks terrible I would not even dream of turning upto an up market wedding with that.

Dynamic Entertainment
23-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Have you ever had comments on how classy your show looks? Sorry that speaker just looks terrible I would not even dream of turning upto an up market wedding with that.

Maybe Nigel doesnt do upmarket weddings? :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 08:50 PM

Yep, nothing to do with weight at all....

You do talk complete nonsense.

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Maybe Nigel doesnt do upmarket weddings? :D

Yes I do, I charge £100 a night.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 08:53 PM

I thought you 'chose' not to do weddings?

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 08:53 PM
I thought you 'chose' not to do weddings?

I never say never.....
Did one a few weeks back. £100.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I never say never.....
Did one a few weeks back. £100.

I'm sure if I could be bothered to go through your posts, I'd find one that said exactly that. But I can't be bothered to read any more of your inane drivel.

A1DL
23-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Nigel, when I said

I was not discussing the merit of wooden vs polyurethane cabs. I was merely pointing out that the speaker cab you pictured would only be any use to me on 5th November.

Agreed.

A year ago I would have agreed with you Nigel, however that was before hearing the new d&b E8 & E12 poly boxes.

Admittedly I have always hated the sound of EONs and I'm not personally a Mackie fan, however sound is just that - a personal thing.

Truth is there are probably more cheap & nasty wooden cabs out there than there are poly cabs. The material from which they are constructed does not determine the quality of the sound.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Hooray, a sane voice.

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Truth is there are probably more cheap & nasty wooden cabs out there than there are poly cabs. The material from which they are constructed does not determine the quality of the sound.

I am on a audio group with a number of experts on it and they all specify 18mm birch ply for a speaker box.

I build mine from 18mm ply and brace it with 2" by 2" glued and screwed, they are rock solid.

Plastic is light and cheap but resonates like mad.

Dynamic Entertainment
23-12-2008, 09:05 PM

Nigel, i realise that Carlisle isnt that far from Workington, but 100 quid does not (in my mind) constitute a "upmarket" wedding. Ive lost gigs in very up-market lake district wedding venues because i was too cheap! I do not want to, and have no intention of, turning this thread into a "You cant charge that around here" but its been said before that you get what you pay for, and at £100 im begining to understand why you make your own stuff.

A1DL
23-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I am on a audio group with a number of experts on it.

Which forum is that, Nigel?

I frequent all the main ones (BR, PSW, UKSLC, SP, SJ, etc) and can't say I've noticed you.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Only beginning to? Keep up Steve! :sj:

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:08 PM

http//:www.crapdiydisco.co.uk :D

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:09 PM

I frequent all the main ones (BR, PSW, UKSLC, SP, SJ, etc) and can't say I've noticed you.

DIY audio froum.
Its a mixture of experts and novices and everything in between.

Covers speakers, amps (valve and semiconductors) etc etc

I have learned a lot from it despite having been in electronics and software for 30+ years.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Oooh, so close....:sj:

A1DL
DIY audio froum.

ahhh... my misunderstanding, I thought you meant a pro audio forum.

nigelwright7557
http//:www.crapdiydisco.co.uk :D

Companies are out to make a profit so sell cheap and nasty plastic stuff to that end.

I make my gear without any price constraints to sound the best it possibly can.

www.thebestsoundingdiscoever.co.uk

A1DL
23-12-2008, 09:14 PM
I make my gear without any price constraints to sound the best it possibly can.

That's great. How about putting your money where you mouth is, and posting some pictures of your gear on the forum. We're all very curious.

With respect, the only pics I recall seeing of your DIY are that horrible runaway speaker on wheels and some dodgy amp circuitry inside a secondhand PC shell.

Let's see some of your "no expense spared" self-builds.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Companies are out to make a profit so sell cheap and nasty plastic stuff to that end.

Complete rubbish. You really think that companies like Electro Voice and RCF make plastic cabs, just to make a bigger profit.

Come on Nigel, not even you are that stupid.

Funny, you can buy £100 wooden cabs from Maplin and just over that from Class D and also Skytec and Soundlab make budget wooden cabs.

On the other hand, my cheapo RCF cabs were £1300 a pair and EVSX300s, whcih are one of the worlds biggest selling 12" speaker are also plastic and a lot more than the wooden ones.

djsteve10
23-12-2008, 09:16 PM
that horrible runaway speaker on wheels

Funny!

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:18 PM
On the other hand, my cheapo RCF cabs were £1300 a pair and EVSX300s, whcih are one of the worlds biggest selling 12" speaker are also plastic and a lot more than the wooden ones.

Just shows how some people are easily fooled by a big price tag !

A1DL
23-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Funny!

Shame it didn't run away though Steve. Nothing a drop too much WD40 on the casters couldn't sort out...:)

djsteve10
23-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Shame it didn't run away though Steve. Nothing a drop too much WD40 on the casters couldn't sort out...:)

I hope your PLI is upto date Nigel as im sure that running over someones toes rather than someone banging their head on some trussing could hold alot more issues.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Nigel probably makes his own PLI. :sj:

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:21 PM

In fact the bloke who bought it towed it away !

Hes been on the phone tonight "Do i have any more speakers for sale?"

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Just shows how some people are easily fooled by a big price tag !

Yep, nothing to do with quality, engineering, sound, reliability and weight.

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Yep, nothing to do with quality, engineering, sound, reliability and weight.

No, just a hefty profit at the end of the year.

You forget I was in electronics for best part of 30 years designing equipment.

When you quote for a design job the price is vitally important so cheap plastic and components from China.
Otehrwise some otehr company will under cut you.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:26 PM
You forget I was in electronics for best part of 30 years designing equipment.

How could anyone forget?

It seems that you didn't learn very much in those 30 years, otherwise you wouldn't have such a closed mind.

What exactly did you design then? Can we see some of your designs?

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:28 PM
How could anyone forget?

It seems that you didn't learn very much in those 30 years, otherwise you wouldn't have such a closed mind.

What exactly did you design then? Can we see some of your designs?

I am under none dsiclosure agreemnet for pretty much everything I did.

I would be shocked if you didnt drive or have in your home something I have designed.

Worked for BT, Ford, Jaguar, Black & Decker, Marconi command and control etc etc yes even military gear....

I dont care if people dont believe me, as they say there are none so blind as those who wont see.

Dynamic Entertainment
23-12-2008, 09:30 PM

I would be shocked if you didnt drive or have in your home something I have designed.

Worked for BT, Ford, Jaguar, Black & Decker, Marconi command and control etc etc yes even military gear....

I dont care if people dont believe me, as they say there are none so blind as those who wont see.

Black & Decker supplying the MoD with their weapons systems then?

Its not wont see, its cant see. Youve not supplied any proof as to what you do/did. Even your website is non-descript.

A1DL
23-12-2008, 09:30 PM

so what went wrong with your career, Nigel?

Grahame Case
23-12-2008, 09:31 PM
you all forget the larger price tag on pro audio gear is often also used for Research and development,

djsteve10

None to which are audio manufacturers?

Speaker anyone:

Solitaire Events Ltd

Then why don't you take your own advice for once.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:32 PM
you all forget the larger price tag on pro audio gear is often also used for Research and development,

And cos it's not cheap crap! :D

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:35 PM

Its not wont see, its cant see. Youve not supplied any proof as to what you do/did. Even your website is non-descript.

I dont intend providing any proof.
As far as I am concerned you can take or leave my comments.
After all you arent paying me for them .

I could get £10,000 a month in electronic design for one job.
And you want my opinions for free? do me a favour !

A1DL
23-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Nigel, may I refer you back to post #53 - my request for some pictures.

There are no "non-disclosure" clauses preventing you from posting photos of the disco equipment you have built on this forum, as you have built this for yourself, not a company.

djsteve10
23-12-2008, 09:36 PM

Oooh Steve that has made me howl with laughter tonight!

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:36 PM
so what went wrong with your career, Nigel?

My career is progressing just fine
I run my own software company writing and selling software.
And very lucrative it is !

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I could get £10,000 a month in electronic design for one job.

So why would you be doing mobile discos for £100 a night?

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:38 PM
So why would you be doing mobile discos for £100 a night?

For the fun of it, I clearly dont need the money.
Own 2 companies, own house, car, loads of money in the bank.
Everythings fine in my dreamworld.

1 gig a month is more than enough.

djsteve10
23-12-2008, 09:38 PM
My career is progressing just fine
I run my own software company writing and selling software.
And very lucrative it is !

Well you can afford to stop home building and go out and buy some Turbosound, D&B, HK Audio, RCF, Funktion One!

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Well you can afford to stop home building and go out and buy some Turbosound, D&B, HK Audio, RCF, Funktion One!

No, cos they are crap and just out to make a profit.

Grahame Case
23-12-2008, 09:41 PM

or alternatively you could buy me a BOSE L1 system :)

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:41 PM

And where is the challenge in that ?

I am happiest upto my neck in wires and transistors or at my PC writing software or designing something.

djsteve10
23-12-2008, 09:42 PM
or alternatively you could buy me a BOSE L1 system :)

Unless nigel can build you one?

nigelwright7557
No, cos they are crap and just out to make a profit.

You read my mind LMAO

A1DL
Nigel, have you been drinking tonight?

And have you thought about getting together with Damian? You'd make a great double act (a la "Derek & Clive", whom I'm sure lots of the older forum members will fondly remember).

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Unless nigel can build you one?

I am into thermionic valves at the moment so unless it has valves I cant help.

Nigel, have you been drinking tonight?

And have you thought about getting together with Damian? You'd make a great double act (a la "Derek & Clive", whom I'm sure lots of the older forum members will fondly remember).

Yes, had three glasses of milk....

Damian and I are already together, hes having my baby !

A1DL
23-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Own 2 companies

then why does your profile state your occupation as a "carer"?

what are the names of your two companies?

Dynamic Entertainment
23-12-2008, 09:47 PM
I seriously think ive found the culprit for undervaluing mobile discos in cumbria.

A1DL
23-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Yes, had three glasses of milk....

Damian and I are already together, hes having my baby !

make sure Damian has 3 glasses of milk too, it will help the baby develop strong bones and teeth.:p

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I seriously think ive found the culprit for undervaluing mobile discos in cumbria.

Not just Cumbria unfortunatley. And there are plenty more across the country doing the same thing.

This is why we try and promote best practise on here.

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:51 PM
then why does your profile state your occupation as a "carer"?

what are the names of your two companies?

I do a bit of care work in my spare time.

Rocking DJ Dsico and Murton-Pike Systems, feel free to look it up.

A1DL
23-12-2008, 09:53 PM
I do a bit of care work in my spare time.

Rocking DJ Dsico and Murton-Pike Systems, feel free to look it up.

As expected, neither of those names are registered at Companies House...

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:54 PM
As expected, neither of those names are registered at Companies House...

Surely not? :eek: :D

Dynamic Entertainment
23-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Found the murton-Pike website. Its a bit badly laid out Nigel, I was expecting pac-man to go floating across the screen. It may well be a lucrative business but a overhall of the website wouldnt go a miss.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Its a bit badly laid out Nigel, I was expecting pac-man to go floating across the screen.

*Cleans Caffreys from screen* :D

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Found the murton-Pike website. Its a bit badly laid out Nigel, I was expecting pac-man to go floating across the screen. It may well be a lucrative business but a overhall of the website wouldnt go a miss.

But i do very well from it.
Why waste money on something that is already working well ?

Surely not? :eek: :D

Sole trader !

A1DL
23-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Nigel, one could be forgivven for thinking you are a registered carer, receiving benefits to care for whomever (hence that being your occupation) and you are also earning pocket money on the side from your two sole trader ventures/hobbies?

For the record, neither of these are "companies".

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Nigel, one could be forgivven for thinking you are a registered carer, receiving benefits to care for whomever (hence that being your occupation) and you are also earning pocket money on the side from your two sole trader ventures/hobbies?

For the record, neither of these are "companies".

Its a sole trader company !

Sole traders can earn just as much as a limited company.

Dynamic Entertainment
23-12-2008, 10:04 PM
But a sole trader cannot be a company, so thats a bit of a contradiction

Just out of interest, if your murton-pike systems screws up someones system, who do they sue?

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Just out of interest, if your murton-pike systems screws up someones system, who do they sue?

Have you never heard of a disclaimer ?

Anyway, my software never goes wrong !

Dynamic Entertainment
23-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Disclaimer, oh that thing i have to sign everytime i buy something from apple/microsoft* (*insert prefered OS platform)....

A1DL
23-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Its a sole trader company !

There is no such thing. A business is either:
(1) a Sole Trader operation,
(2) a Partnership (between two or more persons whom have entered into a Partnership Agreement)
(3) a Limited Company (registered at Companies House)

There are no half-way points inbetween, not even in cloud-Nigel land.

Sole traders can earn just as much as a limited company.

What is the relevance of that? :confused:

I note you have ignored my suggestion...

I guess this has hit a nerve and could get you in trouble or lead to your carer benefits being reduced, as you have stated you are earning lots of money from writing software and doing upmarket £100 wedding discos.

Here's a BFS so you can continue digging, Nigel.
http://www.blueworldgardener.co.uk/store/images/shovel%20ally2oscom.jpg

Dynamic Entertainment
23-12-2008, 10:21 PM
This may be a better bet.....

Jiggles
23-12-2008, 11:18 PM

:lol: looks like a 3 year old has made it! There's no explanation of what it is or anything.

Corabar Steve
24-12-2008, 07:51 AM
I am on a audio group with a number of experts on it and they all specify 18mm birch ply for a speaker box.

Possibly because pressure injected plastic muolding is a bit difficult to set about in a shed.

Grahame Case
24-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Possibly because pressure injected plastic muolding is a bit difficult to set about in a shed.

What? you don't have one in your shed? - i Do....

OllieJames
24-12-2008, 08:36 AM
What a way to start the day! Bit of light reading :D

And I thought the 'Club Rig' thread in 'The Gallery' was getting way to amusing!

Lol at Callum's post! :D

Tony Scott
24-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I just read the whole thread.....really funny! :lol:

I love self build but I personaly wouldn't own up to building something that looked like that....sorry Nigel but the finish looks a bit pikey!

Dynamic Entertainment
24-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Careful, you may be insulting the pikeys of the world. :D

I agree with self-builds, i have nothing but admiration for anyone who can do it, but if your gonna take the time to do it why not do it properly and have a nice finished product. I also have admiration for those who dont talk dribble out of their a:Censored: , or continually go on about how good they are at everything and anything. :D

Been meaning to ask Tony, are they stickers with your logo on your equipment or actual badges? Like the look of them, its not too "in your face"

Excalibur
24-12-2008, 03:22 PM
I just read the whole thread.....really funny! :lol:

I love self build but I personaly wouldn't own up to building something that looked like that....sorry Nigel but the finish looks a bit pikey!
Sadly I missed it, due to a loss of internet last night. ;) Wow, follow that, eh? :D :D :D

Tony Scott
24-12-2008, 04:09 PM
.........Been meaning to ask Tony, are they stickers with your logo on your equipment or actual badges? Like the look of them, its not too "in your face"

Cheers, the badges are printed on photopaper then double laminated to give a bit of rigidity, I then fix them in place with velcro self adhesive strip.

I've used them for about 4 years now and they still look as good as they did the day I made them. :)

OllieJames
24-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Cheers, the badges are printed on photopaper then double laminated to give a bit of rigidity, I then fix them in place with velcro self adhesive strip.

I've used them for about 4 years now and they still look as good as they did the day I made them. :)

You always come out with cool little things like that! Just like the out-riggers for your mirror balls....

Very clever :)

Dynamic Entertainment
24-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Cheers. I may have to do something like that. At first glance it looks like manufacturers badges. Subtle advertising.....

501damian501
24-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Have you never heard of a disclaimer ?

Anyway, my software never goes wrong !

surley nigel thats abit of a strong thing to say, its abit like a car will never crash or brakedown...

as for your website, i could build you a decent one... pm for details mate

Sapphire Disco
24-12-2008, 09:12 PM
surley nigel thats abit of a strong thing to say, its abit like a car will never crash or brakedown...

as for your website, i could build you a decent one... pm for details mate

Nigel & Damian :eek: the mind boggles as to how the finished product would look :D

501damian501
24-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Nigel & Damian :eek: the mind boggles as to how the finished product would look :D

am very good at using paintshop and photoshop and building websites, i,ll have you know...

A1DL
24-12-2008, 09:50 PM

It would probably be invisible, just like Damian's website, Paul :)

Tony Scott
24-12-2008, 11:17 PM
if you hold your horses and wait untill ive finshed it, then u,ll be albe to see,

Be sure to have it proof read damian....particularly if the spelling, grammar and punctuation is going to be anything like that in your posts! :p :D

nigelwright7557
24-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Be sure to have it proof read damian....particularly if the spelling, grammar and punctuation is going to be anything like that in your posts! :p :)

I use Visual Page and that has a spelling checker.

Just getting into Visual Web Developer but Visual Page is much easier.

A1DL
24-12-2008, 11:27 PM
if you hold your horses and wait untill I've finshed it, then you'll be able to see

that's fair enough Damian, however you have been on about your website for months and it seems a long time coming, considering...

am very good at using paintshop and photoshop and building websites, I'll have you know...

see where I'm coming from?

your doing yourself no favours

please explain, Damian

did someone knock your website up over night ???

Our developer spent about a month on the initial "under the bonnet" work, whilst we worked on the content concurrent to this. The lead time from instructing the developer to launching the live site was circa six weeks. Ours is a fairly complex database driven site with numerous extranet modules and other "bells & whistles" that integrate with our back office and financial systems.

You are not comparing apples with apples if you compare the a1discos.com site, which has cost a five figure sum to develop to it's current state, with Damian's Discos.com or whatever it will be called if & when it is ever published, which I imagine (from your own comments) will be knocked up in paintshop, which by definition should be a relatively quick process.

Merry Xmas :)

OllieJames
25-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Fireworks & Dreamweaver are what i use :)

501damian501
25-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Be sure to have it proof read damian....particularly if the spelling, grammar and punctuation is going to be anything like that in your posts! :p :D

yup... a close friend of mine is an author, so he will proof read it all for me...

that's fair enough Damian, however you have been on about your website for months and it seems a long time coming, considering...

see where I'm coming from?

please explain, Damian

Our developer spent about a month on the initial "under the bonnet" work, whilst we worked on the content concurrent to this. The lead time from instructing the developer to launching the live site was circa six weeks. Ours is a fairly complex database driven site with numerous extranet modules and other "bells & whistles" that integrate with our back office and financial systems.

You are not comparing apples with apples if you compare the a1discos.com site, which has cost a five figure sum to develop to it's current state, with Damian's Discos.com or whatever it will be called if & when it is ever published, which I imagine (from your own comments) will be knocked up in paintshop, which by definition should be a relatively quick process.

Merry Xmas :)

am sorry to say, what you have their on your website, i could produce around to the same standard, i rest my case, all you have is an basic click and drop menu, with pictures and hyperlinks, no thing complex in my eyes.

djsteve10
25-12-2008, 01:00 PM
How I can't wait to see your website!

501damian501
25-12-2008, 01:19 PM
How I can't wait to see your website!

and why's that ???

like darren has said you prioritize things and paying £600 plus for a website designer is very low on that list, people have even said theyve seen home built websites looking better then one "professionals" have built...

Excalibur
25-12-2008, 01:20 PM
yup... a close friend of mine is an author, so he will proof read it all for me...

I have a friend who is a member of the Poet's Society.

Go Home Early, Tomorrow's Saturday . ( That's the sanitised version.)

A1DL
25-12-2008, 01:24 PM
am sorry to say, what you have their on your website, i could produce around to the same standard, i rest my case, all you have is an basic click and drop menu, with pictures and hyperlinks, no thing complex in my eyes.

Damian, you are completely clueless, aren't you?

Ours is a fairly complex database driven site with numerous extranet modules and other "bells & whistles" that integrate with our back office and financial systems.

The EXTRAnet components of a site are not published as part of the public area (that would make them INTERnet components) hence you cannot see them to comment. I doubt you even understood my post.

Damian, as a new year's resolution, why don't you stop :BS: on internet forums? Your approach does not impress anybody, over the past months you have come across with an opinion on everything based on experience of nothing - when it comes down to the nitty gritty - the real detail - it quickly becomes apparent that you are a fool and a dreamer. Not only can't you walk the walk, you can't talk the talk either. You are officially the Great Pretender.

501damian501
25-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Damian, you are completely clueless, aren't you?

The EXTRAnet components of a site are not published as part of the public area (that would make them INTERnet components) hence you cannot see them to comment. I doubt you even understood my post.

Damian, as a new year's resolution, why don't you stop :BS: on internet forums? Your approach does not impress anybody, over the past months you have come across with an opinion on everything based on experience of nothing - when it comes down to the nitty gritty - the real detail - it quickly becomes apparent that you are a fool and a dreamer. Not only can't you walk the walk, you can't talk the talk either. You are officially the Great Pretender.

a great pretender, nitty gritty, like ive said, anytime pop up to my house, am only their untill jan, so make it soon please...

I cant walk the walk, no of course not :confused:

what am trying to say is, what i see from your website, doesnt have any expert parts or anything, over the top...

experirance of nothing... would you like a willy waving competation eh...
i admit i dont own a denon, because i cant afford one, BECAUSE i pay a :Censored: lot to run my OWN house!

now am off for a drink.. goodbye :Censored:

A1DL
25-12-2008, 01:34 PM
a great pretender, nitty gritty, like ive said, anytime pop up to my house, am only their untill jan, so make it soon please

Why would anyone from here want to "pop up" to your house, Damian, when you are sufficiently transparent on this forum to be judged for exactly what you are?

What's happening in January, are you being evicted?

501damian501
25-12-2008, 01:41 PM
evicted what for, you think am a scum bag eh..., because its to expensive.

djsteve10
25-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Damian I am no good at web desgin myself hence why I paid a pro to design it. If you are confident at photoshop and web design and all the other things that you say you are good at then why the hell are you dj'in???

Surely if you was good as graphic/web designer that is where your field of profession with.

You really do need to get out more.

Jiggles
25-12-2008, 02:11 PM
People please its Christmas Day cant we not fight for one day!

OllieJames
25-12-2008, 02:25 PM

:clap2: :ner: :D

501damian501
25-12-2008, 02:40 PM
You really do need to get out more.

are you trying to imply, i dont have a socal life ?

i was out the other night for your information, nightclubs and raves arnt my scene anymore, maybe before when i took :Censored: and drink stella.

but now i,d rather go to a quiet pub, like the raindeer and have a whiskey and a game of pool...

One Vision
25-12-2008, 06:11 PM

Have you ever watched the A.TEAM

Grahame Case
25-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Have you ever watched the A.TEAM

LOL - which one is George Peppard?

Excalibur
25-12-2008, 06:20 PM

Hey Callum. Did you see it on the news? :confused: There was a report of a Pig looping the loop as it flew over London today. ;) :D

A1DL
25-12-2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.platowa.com/images/flying_pig.gif

Penfold42
25-12-2008, 09:13 PM

:agree:

:ontopic:

So anyone need a speaker cab?

Tom
25-12-2008, 10:33 PM

I do but I would rather design and build my own. Will post stats when all done. ;) :) :D

nigelwright7557
25-12-2008, 11:21 PM

It was sold about 50 messages back LMFAO !

501damian501
26-12-2008, 12:46 AM

why you ask that for tone.... have yours already blown up :D :D :D :beer1:

OllieJames
26-12-2008, 07:56 AM
why you ask that for tone.... have yours already blown up :D :D :D :beer1:

:Sleeping: :D

Corabar Steve
26-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Can we please criticise Damian's lack of website in another thread please & stick to taking the mickey out of Nigel's home builds in this one.

nigelwright7557
27-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Can we please criticise Damian's lack of website in another thread please & stick to taking the mickey out of Nigel's home builds in this one.

Its a good job I have a very thick skin. :D

Corabar Steve
27-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Do you really think I would've posted the above if I hadn't realised that?

Hang on, don't answer that :sj:

Tony Scott
27-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Its a good job I have a very thick skin. :D

Just like the tasteful shagpile on your speakers! :D :p

nigelwright7557
27-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Just like the tasteful shagpile on your speakers! :D :p

I wish !

Its very thin cheap cord carpet as otherwise it wont bend around the wood to be stapled on.

OllieJames
27-12-2008, 07:54 AM
I wish !

Its very thin cheap cord carpet as otherwise it wont bend around the wood to be stapled on.

Not gaffer taped on then? :D :D

No? okay then... :coat:

Tony Scott
27-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Nigel's latest creation! :p :D

One Vision
27-12-2008, 10:49 AM
:thumbsup: :laughup: :rofl: funktastic

Jay Drabble
27-12-2008, 02:23 PM
These Are The New Ones 1 Million Dollars a pair Grand Enigmas:what:

Dynamic Entertainment
27-12-2008, 06:23 PM
These Are The New Ones 1 Million Dollars a pair Grand Enigmas:what:

Needs carpet to finish it off though.

Excalibur
27-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Oi! I was saving that as a surprise, and you've spoilt it. :( :( :( I've been to Mansfield again, for a backup rig. ;)

Penfold42
27-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Why do I get the feeling your not joking......

Dynamic Entertainment
27-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Oi! I was saving that as a surprise, and you've spoilt it. :( :( :( I've been to Mansfield again, for a backup rig. ;)

Sorry, Ill be on the phone to class-d for one of those :)

Grahame Case
29-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Nigel, do you have any more left, i need a new bedside table, and these look perfect!

discodean
29-12-2008, 05:38 PM
and why's that ???

like darren has said you prioritize things and paying £600 plus for a website designer is very low on that list, people have even said theyve seen home built websites looking better then one "professionals" have built...

to chip my tuppens worth in, i made my own website for my full time business with a package called mr site. www.dean4drains.co.uk

not to bad for £30 and some of my time.

discomobiledj
29-12-2008, 07:02 PM
to chip my tuppens worth in, i made my own website for my full time business with a package called mr site. www.dean4drains.co.uk

not to bad for £30 and some of my time.

You might want to get rid of the cloud footer panel!

nigelwright7557
29-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Nigel, do you have any more left, i need a new bedside table, and these look perfect!

In fact I use an old 12 inch cab in my bedroom for a bedside table !

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Sounds classy :sj:

Tony Scott
29-12-2008, 08:29 PM
In fact I use an old 12 inch cab in my bedroom for a bedside table !

Are you married nigel?

nigelwright7557
29-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Are you married nigel?

No chance ! :D

Tony Scott
29-12-2008, 08:51 PM
No chance ! :D

I remember when I was between wives, my house resembled a workshop with bits of soundsystem, lighting, back-drops, cargo netting and all manor of rave paraphernalia all over the place, usually had a casulty or two sleeping off the excesses of the weekend too......happy days!

It all had to stop when I met my second wife though! :D

nigelwright7557
29-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I remember when I was between wives, my house resembled a workshop with bits of soundsystem, lighting, back-drops, cargo netting and all manor of rave paraphernalia all over the place, usually had a casulty or two sleeping off the excesses of the weekend too......happy days!

:D

I have disco gear in the living room, bedroom and kitchen.
No room for a wife !

discodean
29-12-2008, 09:46 PM
You might want to get rid of the cloud footer panel!

i know its off topic but "job done"

thanks for input.

Sapphire Disco
29-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I have disco gear in the living room, bedroom and kitchen.
No room for a wife !

Yes and you can't play music on a wife :D
But on the other hand ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-12-2008, 10:22 PM

I've played many a tune on mine...:D

nigelwright7557
29-12-2008, 10:24 PM
But on the other hand ;)

You havent seen my drumstick :D

Sapphire Disco
29-12-2008, 10:33 PM
I've played many a tune on mine...:D

Now you got me wondering what the tune would be ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Now you got me wondering what the tune would be ;)

I couldn't possibly answer that..:eek: