PDA

View Full Version : sticking anti shock

Betelguese
23-12-2008, 05:08 PM
had problem with cd decks. had them a few years and had keep cd s in decks whin not in use.last week during gig accidently knocked draw shut and couldnt get it open. friend helped me get it open today and said that the anti shock magnets where not dropping when draw was open but didnt know why. is there anything i can do or just invest in new decks

One Vision
23-12-2008, 05:17 PM
What make and model are the CD decks?

nigelwright7557
23-12-2008, 08:29 PM
had problem with cd decks. had them a few years and had keep cd s in decks whin not in use.last week during gig accidently knocked draw shut and couldnt get it open. friend helped me get it open today and said that the anti shock magnets where not dropping when draw was open but didnt know why. is there anything i can do or just invest in new decks

You should be able to push the draw shut with no problems.
I havent seen a design yet that didnt allow that.

Unless you hit it very hard I cant see why you have a problem.

If they are a few years old I would be looking for a new set.

501damian501
24-12-2008, 01:58 PM
magnets on the anti shock :confused:

i,d say it would be the band snapped or something

Andy Westcott
25-12-2008, 11:23 PM
I think when he mentions anti-shock, he's referring to the magnets which act as transit protection for the laser assembly, rather than playback anti-shock buffering.

No idea what the problem is, but the decks would need to be powered up...

Due to the age of the decks I'd be looking at replacements anyhow.

One Vision
25-12-2008, 11:52 PM

we really need to know the make/model so we can advise to whether they are worth having repaired or not.

nigelwright7557
25-12-2008, 11:57 PM

I suspect its nothing to do with anti shock but the mechanism that drops down to drive the CD around.

If the drives are that worn out i would be looking for a new setup.