PDA

View Full Version : Disaster

Mayhem 1
27-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Gentlemen & Gentlelassies:

After undertaking loadsa parties in december (1 to go tomorrow) my voice has taken a severe hammering and at this moment in time I have no voice at all!!!

Have any of you got any tips/ideas how to get it back and maintain it.

Thanks in advance for your advice/help

One Vision
27-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Now that's no good, have you tried lemon and even hot lemon, but mainly drink lots of water and don't try to talk?

axeman
27-12-2008, 11:08 AM
sorry to hear that garry, hope you get better quickly !

ppentertainments
27-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear that, there are loads of bugs going about at moment, I was up all night, but not feeling too bad now.

For a bad throat I always swear by gargling with salt water.

CRAZY K
27-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Gentlemen & Gentlelassies:

After undertaking loadsa parties in december (1 to go tomorrow) my voice has taken a severe hammering and at this moment in time I have no voice at all!!!

Have any of you got any tips/ideas how to get it back and maintain it.

Thanks in advance for your advice/help

Gary, sorry to hear this--my biggest nightmare as well as I depend 100 per cent on my voice lasting 3-4 hours non stop per gig--luckily Im not as busy as you.

There was a good post on here last year about this--I think VV ( Vectis )
had a good tip hopefully he will cough up on that soon ;)

My only suggestion is try your local Pharmacy for something to gargle to repair the back of your throat.

Thats what got me out of trouble ( many years ago) if your problem is as a result of flu though rather than just over use it might be more difficult to fix--

I almost totally lost my voice years ago with flu and it was almost impossible to sort it out.

I guess sucking cough sweets and the like is a start.

regards

CRAZY K

Vectis
27-12-2008, 12:58 PM
There was a good post on here last year about this--I think VV ( Vectis )
had a good tip hopefully he will cough up on that soon ;)

Nice cold white grapes - start eating a few just before you need to talk and you'll be OK for a couple of minutes each time.

Works a treat.

Good luck!

Jay Drabble
27-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Sorry Can't remember the name of it but there is an antibiotic lezenger at the chemists which i used last year which got my voice back after half day'
I baught this and it wasn't a prescription.

Mayhem 1
27-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Many thanks for all the ideas chaps.

Wife has been to chemist and they reccomended "Vocal Zone" so will give them a go

spin mobile disco
27-12-2008, 04:04 PM
I use vocal zone as well. Not much help for the pain but will mean you can talk at least. have lots of hot drinks and if you get stuck try some chloraseptic spray from chemist. Costs about £5 but it works instantly and lasts for about 2 hours per spray (local anasthetic) in a tight spot it can make all the difference.

had to do a kids party after getting glandular fever and some vocalzone with chloraseptic got me through without anyone knowing I was ill. Got my roadie to take requests etc so didnt have to spread my germs around.

Mayhem 1
27-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Nice advice spin mate, thanks buddy:beer1:

Mayhem 1
28-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Greetinga All,

Vocal update: I have been using a mixture of Cavonia & the excellent Vocalzone and it would appear that I do have some sort of vocal capacity this morning which is good due to the fact I have got my last party of 2008 this afternoon for 60+ 5yr olds then I have got 12 days rest (that should get my voice sorted out) until my first one of 2009.

I would like to say many thanks to everyone who answered my original post with good wishes, thanks guys :beer1: