PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Kids Games

Jay Drabble
28-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Any Ideas Fellas ? I usually combine the older kids party with Karaoke or Sumo Wrestling' But Mum would still like them to do a few party games'
The kids will all be 10 years old so obviously too old for statues' bumps'chairs etc' Just wondered if anyones got any games without going too over the top' I thaught about passing the balloon between knees etc But you would not know of a parents reaction Nowdays' Need to keep this as innocent as possible but fun. Help Help Help Jay:)

discomobiledj
28-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Mum don't know what she is doing! I had a 11 year old and all they wanted to do was run around and do made up dances to songs.

Bouncy Dancefloor
28-12-2008, 04:07 PM
10 year old is normally ok for musical bumps/statues!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-12-2008, 04:09 PM
I hope your PLI is good if you are doing sumo wrestling.

andyw
28-12-2008, 04:19 PM
we done a 13th in the run upto xmas,mum wanted party games,they asked for musical statues and musical bumps and they done pass the parcel,i would normally of thought these would not work but they went down a treat,must of been just the right children there.anyway the pass the parcel was good fun every couple of layers the mum put in a dare with a small prize if the dare was completed,(such as crawl round the circle crying like a baby, stand in the centre and sing incey wincey spider amongst others) a boy got the crawling round the circle like a crying like a baby and didn't want to do it, so we offered it out to a volentered,we had 3 so let them all do it and gave them all some sweets,after that they all wanted to do every one.

milo
28-12-2008, 06:08 PM
I do a HSM quiz using two adults, two kids, four empty cups, a glass of water and some slush powder! I shall leave it to you to figure out ho it goes, but this is always a really big hit with kids and adults of all ages and it is easy to get everyone involved panto style! It’s not a run around game, but it is a really fun way to fill 10 minutes.

Try tying a balloon to everyone’s ankle…… The aim is to stamp on the other players balloon and pop it, but every time you move so does your balloon!!! Last one with a balloon wins!!!

Inflatable guitars, saxophones and mics are quite good if you have a small number of kids, split them in to rock groups of four and let them rock out to rockstar or something like that. Obviously judge them and give out prizes. I buy from party packs and they are really cheap.

Limbo – nuf said.

Get two long planks and make some skis, five players strapped to one set and they have to work together to walk to the other end of the hall and back whilst the spectators throw soft balls or balloons at their legs.

Corners? Make four different colour balloon hats and stick them on adults in four corners of the room, everyone dances then when eth music stops they run to a corner – you randomly select a ball from a bag and everyone in that coloured corner is out.

That’s a few of my favs – Hope it helps. ;)

milo
28-12-2008, 06:16 PM
pass the parcel was good fun every couple of layers the mum put in a dare with a small prize if the dare was completed,(such as crawl round the circle crying like a baby, stand in the centre and sing incey wincey spider amongst others) a boy got the crawling round the circle like a crying like a baby and didn't want to do it, so we offered it out to a volentered,we had 3 so let them all do it and gave them all some sweets,after that they all wanted to do every one.

I do this "dare" card in each wrapper of pass the parcel, but I keep it to the under 5 year olds and under 12 children. My son went to a party last year with 50 kids and they tried to do two circles with four parcels, but it's impossible to keep track of who's won, so they ended up making people sit in the corner once they had done a layer!!! :eek: Needless to say it was a horrific party with 20 kids being excluded while the other 30 were board passing parcels for 25 minutes.

If you do PTP the pound shops usually do wooden model kits and five sheets of wrapping for £1.00 so you should be able to knock up a really good parcel for about £4.00 tops. ;)

Jiggles
28-12-2008, 06:23 PM
10 year olds are young for musical chairs. My last 21st birthday party that i done we had all ages playing 20 - 60 :D

Bouncy Dancefloor
28-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Try tying a balloon to everyone’s ankle…… The aim is to stamp on the other players balloon and pop it, but every time you move so does your balloon!!! Last one with a balloon wins!!!

i cant help but think this is encouraging them to kick each others ankles or stamp on the ankles? What happens if someone moves and their ankle gets snapped?

discomobiledj
29-12-2008, 09:38 AM
i cant help but think this is encouraging them to kick each others ankles or stamp on the ankles? What happens if someone moves and their ankle gets snapped?

Then it's your fault for introducing the game. Kids are so hard, ask the parents or kids what they want to do. That's the easiest option.

Bouncy Dancefloor
29-12-2008, 09:50 AM
i dont know why you are saying that to me?

discomobiledj
29-12-2008, 10:22 AM
i dont know why you are saying that to me?

I'm not sure if you was talking to me???

Why don't you get the parents to ask the kids what THEY want?

Jay Drabble
29-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks Fellas Anymore Please Post

TrustTheEntertainment
04-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi, I think I may be a little too late for this discussion but thought I'd reply :)

What about a scavenger hunt... every kid loves looking for a prize!! Maybe you could hide objects/clues around the garden, split the children into 2 groups (reds and blues) and they have to follow their own colour clues to win the prize!

Its a great game if the adults want to have a little rest whilst the children use their problem solving skills at the same time as having fun!!

Good Luck :)

Chelsea :)