PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Local free listing.

gaza
28-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good christmas.

I am having trouble getting a free listing with Yahoo Local, i have submited my details twice this year and both times i got a call from Infoserve, these are the people that run the bt yahoo local listing site. and they tryed to sell me some paid listing space.
Both times i told them, that i only wanted to be added to the free listing pages, but both times they have not added me, so i have submited my details again today and they will call me in the near future, but i don't understand why they are not adding me to the free local listings.

Any advise on this will be most welcome.:)

discomobiledj
28-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Stick to dedicated disco directories for listings, get good keywords on your website, even a BT Tradespace.

gaza
28-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Stick to dedicated disco directories for listings, get good keywords on your website, even a BT Tradespace.

Thanks, yes i have done that, and if searching with google i am very high in the local area results, but if someone just uses Yahoo to search, then i am further down the page.

discomobiledj
28-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Have a read of this (http://www.mrsiteforum.co.uk/blog/articles/submitting-to-search-engines/)

rob1963
29-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Stick to dedicated disco directories for listings.

Agreed.

There are dozens of disco listings sites...some charge, but many are free.

Google is your friend!

:D

DeckstarDeluxe
17-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Agreed.

Google is your friend!

like........

Corabar Steve
18-01-2009, 08:53 AM
like........

The ones on the list that was posted LAST WEEK

rob1963
18-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Agreed.

Google is your friend!

like........

here you go deckstardeluxe: http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=303517&postcount=7