PDA

View Full Version : Miracled and CA8 Controller - Set one colour?

Need4Sound
02-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi All,

Hopefully someone can answer a quick question.

Can you use the CA8 controller to set a single colour on a Miracled? I would like to use the light as part of a colour wash or maybe as uplighting and would like to do this with the simple plug in control rather than using a DMX controller.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Richie D.

Dynamic Entertainment
03-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi Richie

Ill check next weekend for you and let you know.

Bouncy Dancefloor
03-01-2009, 10:20 PM
according to the manual, dont think its possible

Tony Scott
03-01-2009, 11:57 PM
The CA8 controller will only allow you to run through the set patterns etc. If you want to use it for mood lighting, static, slow chases or you want to Dim it then you will have to DMX control it. DMXing it turns it into a totally different effect.

KaraokeDJ
04-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Not without a more complex and intelligent controller. The CA8 only goes through the programmed patterns and cannot create new ones. It's something I've pondered on a few times and thought about buying a more capable controller. It would be nice to be able to get all the LEDs the same colour.

Need4Sound
04-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys, I used it for 5 hours last night and after much button pushing on the CA8 came to the same conclussion. Time to start thinking about a DMX controller!!

Thanks again.

Richie D.

JAMdisco
05-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks guys, I used it for 5 hours last night and after much button pushing on the CA8 came to the same conclussion. Time to start thinking about a DMX controller!!

Thanks again.

Richie D.

Yes, just to confirm, the CA8 will NOT allow you to change to show just one colour. They're only really useful (I find) for blackout mode. I use one on my ImpossibLED and only use the blackout really. When I get my USB dongle I will be programming all my DMX lights for different colour scenes, effects etc...