PDA

View Full Version : New Year New Website

Woodyo
04-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi Guys , thrust everyone had a good New Year , I had and am now on a serious diet!!
Have just got my new website up and running , I would appreciate receiving some of your comments. The photo links at the bottom af the page need fixed and one of the top links is reading wrong when the mouse is hovered over it. If you spot anything else please let me know.
website can be found at www.myweddingdjni.com

Spirits High
04-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi Woody,

Glad to see things are still going well in good old NI.

I'm liking the site nice and clear, easy to navigate and easy to read.

Good domain name aswell!!

So is the Woodyo site dead and buried now?

Woodyo
04-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Hi Paul , hope things are going well for you. Old website still up and running but I won't be updating it from now on . Have a link right on the front page to the new site. Will keep the old one going until its time to renew hosting charges etc and of course none of the search engines are finding my new site yet.

discomobiledj
04-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Why don't you do an automatic forwarding code from your old one to your new one?

rob1963
04-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi Guys , thrust everyone had a good New Year , I had and am now on a serious diet!!
Have just got my new website up and running , I would appreciate receiving some of your comments. The photo links at the bottom af the page need fixed and one of the top links is reading wrong when the mouse is hovered over it. If you spot anything else please let me know.

Hi Woody,

A very nice looking site. Just a couple of things.

Firstly, on the testimonials page the photo at the top right blocks out the text underneath it.

Secondly, how about a "contact us" page?

Apart from that, a great job!

:thumbsup:

Marc J
05-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Nice, clean, professional looking site Woody.

Since it's a professionally designed site which I assume you've paid good money for, I'll nit-pick a little :) :-

1. Page widths are inconsistent, it's a little annoying when clicking between pages.

2. The DJIntelligence pages would, in my opinion, be better "wrapped" inside your page, i-frame style or something similar, to keep the look consistent. I'm assuming there's a CMS system in use so it should be fairly easy...

3. Some elements (images etc) are sourced accross domains (for example references to http://enterprise.nocdirect.com/~myweddin/images/title-welcome.gif etc.), that's a bit strange...possibly remnants of when the site was on a test server / domain or something... :confused:

4. I don't much like the gallery, there are far better ones available.

5. The terms of use text goes under the heading image rather than flowing around it.

6. I'd have more relevant page titles for each page, very important from an SEO point of view...

All in all a very nice site, though :thumbs_up:

Woodyo
05-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the comments guys , have fixed all the things I can . Just need to get the designer to sort these other things.

CRAZY K
05-01-2009, 08:08 PM

Nice read through, like it.

I would sort out "reliable" spelling on index page.

I liked the reasons to buy but I wouldnt include price on the list--sort of sticks out like the price of a Rolls Royce---irrelevant if you want the best which you are offering.

You cant have the best of everything cheaply--the punters know that, if they dont you dont want them as customers.

Just my view:D

I agree with Marc switching pages caused an in out effect.

CRAZY K

rob1963
05-01-2009, 09:17 PM
I liked the reasons to buy but I wouldnt include price on the list--sort of sticks out like the price of a Rolls Royce---irrelevant if you want the best which you are offering.

Interesting comment, Crazy, but I don't think I agree.

If the guy offers competitive pricing (as he says he does), then the prices may well be ONE of the reasons why many people will want to book him.

However, maybe he'd do better to change it from just "Prices" to something which sounds a bit better, such as "Excellent value for money" or "Competitive pricing". Same thing.....but I just think it just sounds a bit better.

CRAZY K
05-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Interesting comment, Crazy, but I don't think I agree.

If the guy offers competitive pricing (as he says he does), then the prices may well be ONE of the reasons why many people will want to book him.

However, maybe he'd do better to change it from just "Prices" to something which sounds a bit better, such as "Excellent value for money" or "Competitive pricing". Same thing.....but I just think it just sounds a bit better.

Well my reading suggested this was the real deal==bit like my Western Theme site where I charge a lot more than the competition :D :D :D

So value for money is ok I agree---get a lot ---pay a lot

Definitely not Competitive pricing ---its going back down the pricing route.

Even the dense punters out there know you have to pay get the best--not that many seem to want to.:)

Why do you pay more money for a Bose speaker system than a Skytec--

Naturally its up to Woody to decide finally ;)

CRAZY K