PDA

View Full Version : Behringer djx700 or vmx1000

jaxxy
05-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi, as anyone used the behringer djx700 or vmx1000 are they any good, want it for mobile work it will replace my old phonic mixer from the 90's, which of the two would you go for any advice welcome

Shakermaker Promotions
05-01-2009, 12:53 PM
I bought a DJX700 a while back, used it once and took it back to the shop. It was very cheap and nasty in my opinion. It felt like it was going to fall apart when I used it and I was surprised at how light it was too. It just seemed to be very cheaply made and was obviously modelled on the Pioneer mixer but has failed miserably in it's attempts to rival it. Just my opinion obviously but I would steer clear of it.

mr rusty
05-01-2009, 05:58 PM
we have used the VMX1000 for a while and its a great mixer for the money - plenty of channels, separate subwoofer output, adjustable talkover on the mic channels etc etc. Ours is about 2 years old and no problems so far.

The DJX700 is just discontinued - no longer listed on behringer website - replaced with DDM4000

We have just bought one of these as No1 DJ (My son - I'm just the roadie/techie) now also has some pioneer decks for mixing. The DDM4000 is fully loaded with effects, sampler, EQ kill buttons etc aimed at live mixing. It has great reviews with almost no negatives, but its totally overkill if all you want to do is switch from one source/track to another.

As with all behringer gear, download the manual first and have a read. We got the DDM4000 from decks.co.uk who seem to offer 24 months warranty on all new gear so behringers cheap prices and a good warranty really offset the risk some perceive with berry kit. Its never going to be as good as pioneer, allen and heath etc, but its 25% of the cost!!

One Vision
05-01-2009, 06:22 PM
If it was me and I was using just a DJ mixer it would be one of these
Vestax MDM410

http://www.djkit.co.uk/images/products/large/RESIZE_E58DBAD3.jpeg
http://www.djkit.co.uk/product.php?id=3342

Excalibur
05-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Since I have no personal experience of the Behringers ( Think Tom has? )
and we're making helpful suggestions, here's my two pennorth. I use
http://www.djkit.co.uk/product.php?id=412&cat=90

Grahame Case
05-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Since I have no personal experience of the Behringers ( Think Tom has? )
and we're making helpful suggestions, here's my two pennorth. I use
http://www.djkit.co.uk/product.php?id=412&cat=90

wait...... what you are recommending a KAM mixer....

*shakes head*

yes yes, good luck with the earth buzz, and the shoddy audio.

i have a KAP1000 sitting as a backup, would never use it though - would rather plug direct into the BOSE T1 engine.

Dynamic Entertainment
05-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Keep well away from the DJX700, cheap, tacky, etc. Faders start to die of with any amount of use, the effects unit is terrible (and the effects are not labeled up so you have to remember the relevent numbers) and the rotary knobs drop off or start playing up far too easily. If your set on that style/layout look on ebay for a DJM500 :)

Adam_F
05-01-2009, 09:15 PM
I bought a DJX700 a while back, used it once and took it back to the shop. It was very cheap and nasty in my opinion. It felt like it was going to fall apart when I used it and I was surprised at how light it was too. It just seemed to be very cheaply made and was obviously modelled on the Pioneer mixer but has failed miserably in it's attempts to rival it. Just my opinion obviously but I would steer clear of it.

Spot on with the review there LoL

I'd say the same goes for the VMX 1000 too. Channel faders are horrible, sound is poor, and build quality is bad.

Only good thing about Behringer is that they offer a 2 year no quibble warranty, so its a straight swap for a new model WHEN it goes wrong.

If it was me and I was using just a DJ mixer it would be one of these
Vestax MDM410

I'd agree here, although it has no channel LED meters, sound quality is good, with USB too! Build quality is at least 10 times better than ANY Behringer

DJ James Lake
05-01-2009, 09:19 PM
The behringers have appauling sound quality save your money and pick up a cheap pioneer djm 500 you wont regret it. The sound quality difference is unbelievable.

Behringers - no bass

Excalibur
05-01-2009, 09:22 PM
wait...... what you are recommending a KAM mixer....

*shakes head*

yes yes, good luck with the earth buzz, and the shoddy audio.

i have a KAP1000 sitting as a backup, would never use it though - would rather plug direct into the BOSE T1 engine.

Granted it's not a Denon or Pioneer, but till I get the Urei, I have no problems with it.

Grahame Case
05-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Granted it's not a Denon or Pioneer, but till I get the Urei, I have no problems with it.

just must be me who finds KAM equipment the most unreliable

Excalibur
05-01-2009, 09:36 PM
just must be me who finds KAM equipment the most unreliable

If you think the gear's bad, try Customer Service! :bang: :bang: :bang:

ppentertainments
05-01-2009, 09:44 PM
If you think the gear's bad, try Customer Service! :bang: :bang: :bang:
Will second that = 7 weeks to sort out my Swingfire light, and TBH I didn't want it back as was very dissapointed.

Excalibur
05-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Will second that = 7 weeks to sort out my Swingfire light, and TBH I didn't want it back as was very dissapointed.

At the risk of repeating myself, they didn't actually sort my problem, didn't seem to want to, and were incapable of finding the one person who actually had the required knowledge, who I had spoken to months before at BPM. Eventually they offered a further discount on the unsuitable kit, but I didn't want it by then at any price.