PDA

View Full Version : PLI - have you claimed?

Vectis
11-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Has anyone ever had a claim made against their PLI policy?

What were the circumstances, and what was the outcome?

Names can be changed to protect the innocent... :o

Just wondering if this aspect of the insurance market is as payout-averse as most others...

... and before anyone suggests it, no, I'm not in trouble :D Just curious!

Tom
11-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Good question!

I have never claimed on my PLI as nothing has ever gone wrong at my gigs (touch wood).

Would be interested like yourself, who has and what happend on the whole process.

CRAZY K
11-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Has anyone ever had a claim made against their PLI policy?

What were the circumstances, and what was the outcome?

Names can be changed to protect the innocent... :o

Just wondering if this aspect of the insurance market is as payout-averse as most others...

... and before anyone suggests it, no, I'm not in trouble :D Just curious!

No but what do you mean by payout-averse?

I used to work in the PLI business and I have seen plenty of claims paid including some big ones for Building Contractors and I dont recall any being turned down although some do of course.

The reality is that claims for Loss or Damage often get turned down because people dont stick to policy conditions relating to security or read their policy exclusions.

PLI claims result from mistakes or errors ( acts of negligence) in a working environment and as long as you complying with required legislation there should not be a problem--i.e not acting illegally.

If anyone has had a PLI claim rejected I would be interested to hear the specific details although you rarely ever get the full SP!

I have tended to favour being insured with large companies like Royal Sun Allliance and Norwich Union but thats not to say theres anything wrong with smaller ones.

CRAZY K