PDA

View Full Version : Evolution Wedding Services

Sapphire Disco
14-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Got this sent to me , it looks legitimate could be useful to some of you so I thought I would post it, I've registered for the free entry.
I don't have any connection with it , what do you think ?

http://www.evolutionweddingservices.co.uk/specials/free_advert_coldemail.html

ppentertainments
14-01-2009, 08:13 PM
I got that as well, if its free I'll try it !!
Anyone got any info about needadisco ?? get a lot of e-mails off them.

Pe7e
14-01-2009, 08:17 PM
I think you will get the hard sell tomorrow :)

Sapphire Disco
14-01-2009, 08:19 PM
I think you will get the hard sell tomorrow :)

You could be right but they will be wasting their time with me ;)

Jiggles
14-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Hmmm it says coldemail.html at the end :eek:

rob1963
14-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I got this too & signed up for the free listing, as I have nothing to lose.

The confirmation page offered me a premium listing for only £19, apparantly representing a reduction of about 80% off their supposed usual price of £99.

I declined.

Lets see how the free listing does first.

Corabar Steve
15-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Funny how this person signed up on here yesterday & then all our members start getting emails.

Ignore the spammer & I'll sanction him for breach of the rules.

Corabar Steve
15-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Further...

Please post here if you receive any emails from this member (from today onwards), as they have now been warned about using the forum for spamming purposes.

yourdj
15-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Nice website though. timeless & simple

djsteve10
15-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I got this too & signed up for the free listing, as I have nothing to lose.

The confirmation page offered me a premium listing for only £19, apparantly representing a reduction of about 80% off their supposed usual price of £99.

I declined.

Lets see how the free listing does first.

Me too, I would rather spend my money on a well established wedding site such as Hitched.

Spirits High
15-01-2009, 10:17 PM
I got that as well, if its free I'll try it !!
Anyone got any info about needadisco ?? get a lot of e-mails off them.

needadisco is run by a forum member who i know wouldn't spam through here.

I signed up to them, i like the way you can get a "DJ Mark" set's you apart from others.

Have started to get hits through the site. Time will tell but it looks pro and eay to navigate aswell.

So I'm happy to sit and wait ;)

nigelwright7557
15-01-2009, 10:46 PM
I seem to be getting quite a few emails recently offering these sorts of services.

Steve the DJ
16-01-2009, 08:12 AM
needadisco is run by a forum member who i know wouldn't spam through here.

Are you sure about that?

Until I removed myself from the mailing list the emails from needadisco.com were all sent to [email protected].

This is the only place that email address is used which makes it spam in my book.

Vectis
16-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Members can be assured that this site hasn't been "trawled" for said purposes.

I'm an active (and hopefully respected) poster here of some longevity and I have great respect for this place.

Steve the DJ
16-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Like many people I create a new email address for every listings site and/or forum that I am a member of, mainly to help track enquiries, so this is the only place that uses that combination.

So genuine question then, how did you get my email address because it is not used anywhere but here?

Vectis
16-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Can't say for sure as I've not tracked where individual addresses originated; quite probably a generic web search such as "UK DJ" or similar.

But I can assure you it wasn't via this site directly.

Marc J
16-01-2009, 10:32 AM
@FDDJ - Publishing the email addresses as you have now blows a hole in your theory, as any harvester bot will pick them up from here (or wherever else you may have posted them in the past).

I'd advise if you're using that strategy (which is a good idea - I do it myself) you never publish such addresses.

Steve the DJ
16-01-2009, 10:39 AM
@FDDJ - Publishing the email addresses as you have now blows a hole in your theory, as any harvester bot will pick them up from here (or wherever else you may have posted them in the past).

I'd advise if you're using that strategy (which is a good idea - I do it myself) you never publish such addresses.

A good point, I will remove them!

Although MDD (and SEDA) are the only places they are actually published because they sit behind some kind of automated enquiry form on all the other sites.

sandysounds
17-01-2009, 09:13 AM
There are sooooo many disco listing sites now....its a minefield. I'm more than happy to throw up a free listing anywhere, but am a lot more choosey about paid listings....I always check their google rating first. If they don't have a good google rating it doesn't matter if its paid or free, clients won't reach you. As for receiving emails about new ones....it doesn't bother me....I take a look and form my own judgement as to whether its worth my time or not.