PDA

View Full Version : Booth, Master and Rec?

DJWilson
16-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi,

my event is 19 feb and im streaming it live online.

obv. master is front of house and booth will be monitors, but will coming out of rec into lappy work aswell?

thanks all leads should be here next week

DJ James Lake
16-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Rec out will work but is normally at a fixed level

Excalibur
16-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Rec out will work but is normally at a fixed level

And will bypass tone controls as well.

DJWilson
16-01-2009, 08:35 PM
i realise that rec is the same as master basically so if i used rec into my lappy whilst using booth for its job they wont affectt each other?

leighinstoke
16-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Master, without getting technical, is often louder than the RECord output which is ideal for inputting into a laptop.

Your Booth output will give you the mix WITHOUT microphones.

DJWilson
16-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Master, without getting technical, is often louder than the RECord output which is ideal for inputting into a laptop.

ok thanks, on my mixer there are 3 outputs (i use xlr seperate for master) and theres amp, rec and booth in like a box like thing and wasnt sure they would interacte for some reason or other

leighinstoke
16-01-2009, 08:42 PM
just beware your connection between laptop and mixer - you might need a ground loop isolator to prevent the dreaded PC noise getting into the system....

DJWilson
16-01-2009, 08:43 PM
just beware your connection between laptop and mixer - you might need a ground loop isolator to prevent the dreaded PC noise getting into the system....

ive streamed off it before with my laptop going out of rec and listening to master but not with booth yet, thanks for the reminder tho :)

Dynamic Entertainment
16-01-2009, 11:05 PM

Not always, it depends on the mixer. Some do as a matter of course, some dont...and others you get to choose. :)

leighinstoke
17-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Not always, it depends on the mixer. Some do as a matter of course, some dont...and others you get to choose. :)

But usually the case of the BOOTH is designed for exactly what it says - the booth - so the DJ can hear the mix in a rather loud monitor but not his mic - hence avoidind feedback.

DJWilson
17-01-2009, 10:21 AM
hi, just been playing with booth but it only seems to play when my headphones are selected to the playing channel, is it meant to be like that? ive never used booth before

James
17-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Really good idea, Just out of interest, how would you stream a live event on the web?

Are we talking laptop & a webcam pretty much, or is it a lot more technical?

Excalibur
17-01-2009, 01:26 PM
hi, just been playing with booth but it only seems to play when my headphones are selected to the playing channel, is it meant to be like that? ive never used booth before

Mine's never done that?:confused: Must check if my booth output includes mic.

DJWilson
17-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Really good idea, Just out of interest, how would you stream a live event on the web?

Are we talking laptop & a webcam pretty much, or is it a lot more technical?

yeah just that on the djchannel

Mine's never done that?:confused: Must check if my booth output includes mic.

i have the MMX-410 you do aswell dont you?

i havent tried mic on booth but if channel 1 is playing and headphones on channel 2 it changes over 2 C2 if a song is playing if not then silence

Excalibur
17-01-2009, 03:24 PM
i have the MMX-410 you do aswell dont you?

Oh my Sainted Aunt, don't let the cat out of the bag! :eek:

Yes, but as backup/second rig, I haven't used it in anger for a while. I'll have a check tomorrow.

i havent tried mic on booth but if channel 1 is playing and headphones on channel 2 it changes over 2 C2 if a song is playing if not then silence

I'll investigate.

DJWilson
17-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Oh my Sainted Aunt, don't let the cat out of the bag! :eek:

Yes, but as backup/second rig, I haven't used it in anger for a while. I'll have a check tomorrow.

I'll investigate.

ok thanks, if yours does the same then i no mines fine :) if not need a new mixer :Censored:

DJWilson
17-01-2009, 06:51 PM
just checked and mic doesnt come through the booth but still have channel changing issues

just looked at the .pdf manual and the headphone select is the booth/monitor select :@ thats buggered me, now i need a new mixer so the dj can hear! :(

Dynamic Entertainment
17-01-2009, 08:12 PM
But usually the case of the BOOTH is designed for exactly what it says - the booth - so the DJ can hear the mix in a rather loud monitor but not his mic - hence avoidind feedback.

Theres no need for capital pal. I was going from past experience with a lot of club mixers. Pioneer are one example, ive used Formula Sound which also done that. If you look at alot of clubs they have the dj mixer into a primary output mixer (usually a FOH type) with the mics directly into that. Atleast thats what ive came across in nearly all the clubs i worked over the years. Anyway it doesnt come out of G&Js mixer so its not a problem. :)

Excalibur
25-01-2009, 11:45 AM

Urgent. Set headphones to master. This runs all channels to booth out. Checking on mic soon.

Edit: DJ Mic runs to booth also on this mixer.

DJWilson
25-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Urgent. Set headphones to master. This runs all channels to booth out. Checking on mic soon.

Edit: DJ Mic runs to booth also on this mixer.

Thanks, How will the DJ mix when the headphones cant be on a certain channel

Excalibur
25-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks, How will the DJ mix when the headphones cant be on a certain channel

Mixing? Ah. You've got me there. :o :o

DJWilson
25-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Mixing? Ah. You've got me there. :o :o

Thanks for your help, that booth woud be fine for the live PA but not the DJs :( Im thinking of getting the Behringer DX626