PDA

View Full Version : Agency Not Paying DJ's!!!!

DJMIKEYR
17-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone
:attn: Now I know the topic on non payment from clients has been wrote on here, but I think everyone should be made aware of this one.
Last year I done a job for a well known agency in the UK based in the south near a famous pier that burnt down. (Which I know I cant name on here, but every DJ on here will know them). They currently have a debt with me of £150which after setting the famous debt collection agencies still remains unrecovered and advised by them that it will cost more to recover then what its worth....so i done the sensible thing and let dead dogs lay and decided not to work for them no more...........However the situation has now been raised as a fellow DJ I know is now having the same experience as me but with £690 owed to him by the same company. :mad:
First the promise of cheques......followed by the excusse of customers not happy, (which is the same as I got) even after I/fellow DJ has spoken to the customers afterwards to find out that they are totally happy.:bang:

The owner is so dishonest, I cant even be sure that what he tells me are lies!! :D

I feel that my fellow DJs should be made aware of this and your comments on mine and the other persons misfortune and any ideas on how we can recover our monies.....legally!!! If anyone wants to know more then please private message me and I will be pleased to tell them who this is...if you think you may be at risk as well!!!:(

Penfold42
17-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Hope you get it sorted......and the other guy. :)

Please.....if anyone know's the company of anything related........please don't post it on here.

Thanks.

:)

Vectis
17-01-2009, 07:19 PM
http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/

Nothing to lose except perhaps a few more quid for the application. If, as your post suggests, they don't have a leg to stand on, then gaining a win is likely a formality. If you win and they then don't cough up, they'll get a CCJ.

nigelwright7557
17-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Try the small claims court.
I think the debt has to be greater £100 to go there.

CRAZY K
18-01-2009, 09:09 AM
http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/

Nothing to lose except perhaps a few more quid for the application. If, as your post suggests, they don't have a leg to stand on, then gaining a win is likely a formality. If you win and they then don't cough up, they'll get a CCJ.

In view of the reason given for non payment sounds like you would need a written confirmation from the client directly that he was 100 per cent happy and did not complain to the agent about your performance.

Otherwise things will get bogged down.

Then I would go for it big time and sue for loss of interest as well.

CRAZY K

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-01-2009, 10:28 AM
In view of the reason given for non payment sounds like you would need a written confirmation from the client directly that he was 100 per cent happy and did not complain to the agent about your performance.

Unless it says words to that effect in his contract, then I don't see that it's relevant.

DJMIKEYR
18-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I have a refrence email from the customer given me 100% feedback and stating they paid him prior to the job.

His contracts Terms and Conditions are not worth the paper they are wrote on. I even have a email from him (agency) stating he owes me the money!!!!

Now me and the other DJ has joined together with our debt Im looking at making him bankrupt and take him out of business as his scamming not only the DJs but taking jobs from other agents saying his doing them and then gives them to other DJs on his books.

The person seems to make rules up as he goes along. What I need to find out is how many other DJ's they owe money to and we all join forces to plan our attack!!

DazzyD
18-01-2009, 05:10 PM
This sounds like he is running his agency fraudulently. Maybe you should be talking to Trading Standards about this one.