PDA

View Full Version : Van Insurance + In vehicle Cover but who?

scoopd
20-01-2009, 03:18 PM
It's about that time where i have to renew and i was just wondering who you guys use.I used coversure last year but my price seems the same.Is there anybody that you could recommend I try?

One Vision
20-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Hya scoopd, I am with DJGUARDE and am covered whilst gear is in transit.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-01-2009, 03:43 PM
I think he's talking about van insurance rather than dedicated gear cover Karl.

I'm with the Post Office - give them a try.

One Vision
20-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Arr right I just spotted the title In vehicle Cover :)

scoopd
20-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Cheers guys.Yes it's the insurance for my van + insurance for the gear if I chose to leave the van with the gear in the garage for a couple of days etc.

DJWoodie
20-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I am definietly no expert on this, but did make a lot of enquiries last week about this.

Van insurance and gear insurance will be two seperate policies. Van, business use. MAKE SURE you make it clear you are a DJ. The premium will be higher as this industry, along with actors, radio presenters, TV presenters and most entertainers is 'high risk' so you get penalised for it.

Gear insurance, with DJ Guarde seemed fine and does include gear in vehicle. BUT there are clauses that you need to be aware of and adhere to. Goods must be out of site, vehicle security is required and IIRC a Thatcham (don't quote me) type immobilise/alarm. Gear is covered for accidental breakage etc, but I was looking for the spare gear in the van or as you say, left in van overnight etc. This is the main reason why I will NOT be using a van. Vans (in Nottingham) by their very nature atract thieves. I will use a large estate car or people carrier instead.

I hope this helps. it is only my understanding of what i was told when phoning around last week as said. Someone with this already will probably be better placed to give e more acurate answer.

Cheers :beer1: