PDA

View Full Version : Registration for the World Business guide

DK Karaoke
21-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Just posting this in case anyone else got an email from these people. I never have before, but it asks you to complete a form to register your details on the World Business Guide, but in the small print it says it will take from you 995 Euro every year, and its a contract.

I had one and googled it came up with thishttp://www.stopecg.org/world_business_directory.htm

You all probably know about this but it was new to me.

It seems they have been doing this for some time now, extracting lots of money from people.

Corabar Steve
21-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I fail to see how they can, unless folks are stupid enough to part with their bank details.

DK Karaoke
21-01-2009, 03:47 PM
I fail to see how they can, unless folks are stupid enough to part with their bank details.

I dont know, perhaps its because you a signing a legal contract, which says you will pay them the money each year, and if you dont pay, they can take you to court - CCJs, Sanctions on Directors, Fair trading, Companies House, and all this sort of flack.

As I said I never filled the form in, so dont know what happends after you fill the form in and send it off.

Just though other people might like to know if they got one also.

Have attached the form

Corabar Steve
21-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Always read the small print :sj: