PDA

View Full Version : First wedding

Daryll
23-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I had a phone call yesterday for a quote for a wedding in Chichester (my first wedding ).
I got the job :claphands:
I am meeting the bride tomorrow to discuss first dance , timings etc , I cannot meet the groom at the present as he is in the armed forces and posted abroad.
I would like to thanks all members of this (and other) forums for priceless little bits of advice I have taken on board.
The venue is The ship hotel in Chichester , I am a little nervous but have faith in my equipment (and backup) , I also have faith in myself now.

It will be a busy weekend , wedding on the 7th and a wedding fair on the 8th.

Cheers

Daryll

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Good luck Daryll - I'm sure it will go brilliantly!

rob1963
23-01-2009, 07:23 PM
I had a phone call yesterday for a quote for a wedding in Chichester (my first wedding ).
I got the job :claphands:
I am meeting the bride tomorrow to discuss first dance , timings etc , I cannot meet the groom at the present as he is in the armed forces and posted abroad.
I would like to thanks all members of this (and other) forums for priceless little bits of advice I have taken on board.
The venue is The ship hotel in Chichester , I am a little nervous but have faith in my equipment (and backup) , I also have faith in myself now.

It will be a busy weekend , wedding on the 7th and a wedding fair on the 8th.

Cheers

Daryll

Hi Daryll,

Good to hear you've just got your first wedding.

They are no different to other discos really, apart from having to dress up a bit smarter & having a couple of formal things to announce during the evening, such as the first dance, and maybe cutting of the cake & the bride throwing her bouquet.

90% of my work is weddings, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Have a great gig!

Shaun
23-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Have a great gig, Daryll. I'm sure it will go flawlessly. :) :)

Penfold42
23-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Go get them mate.....have a good one. :)

Tony Scott
23-01-2009, 11:28 PM
...They are no different to other discos really...

Agreed, just look at it as a room full of happy, relaxed people, full of free wine just wanting a good party and you won't go far wrong. Think back to any wedding you've attended yourself Daryll, you were probably there to get drunk and have a good time. Keep smiling and enjoy it, a happy face is infectious! :) (not to be confused with a spotty face, that's most likely infected! :eek: :D)

.....90% of my work is weddings, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Me too! :approve: