PDA

View Full Version : advertising issues

djmarc
26-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi just a question on how you guys advertise.I was looking into goggle clicks, and spoke with this guy, He said to get a decent rating of clicks its going to cost £300 month.I wonder how you guys go about advertising and could you forward any pointers my way.

thank you

mark

starlight discos

ppentertainments
26-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi just a question on how you guys advertise.I was looking into goggle clicks, and spoke with this guy, He said to get a decent rating of clicks its going to cost £300 month.I wonder how you guys go about advertising and could you forward any pointers my way.

thank you

mark

starlight discos

I would use the search facility before anyone tells you off :D :D

djmarc
26-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Sorry im new on here have i posted in the wrong post.

Shaun
26-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Sorry im new on here have i posted in the wrong post.

No, you're post is ok in this section. :)

What Chris means is that topics covering this very subject have been covered many times in the past. It's always a good idea to use the Forum Search Facility (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/search.php) before posting new topics, to see if your query has been covered previously.

That way you reduce the wrath of the moderators and their "This has been covered countless times, please use the search funtion" comments. :o :D :beer1:

ppentertainments
26-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks Shaun. Not trying to appear arrogant or taking over a mods job but if you search the subject first then ask any unanswered questions you will find people a lot more helpful. Advertising is a HUGE topic.

djmarc
26-01-2009, 07:53 PM
thank you think iv found a few pointers on the advertising matters

thanks guys

nigelwright7557
26-01-2009, 08:18 PM
So long as I show up well on a google search for disco and carlisle I am happy with my internet presence.
I advertise in Yellow pages too.

I must start asking my clients where they got my number to find out which is the best method.

DiscoPromotions
25-03-2009, 07:42 AM
£300 a month.... we have only spent £186 in 6 months on google clicks (CPC).

Tune it properly and regularly monitor for performance. Avoid wild searches as these can be costly.

rob1963
25-03-2009, 08:09 AM

I don't know the size or your business, how many other people (if any) work for you or whether you're full or part time, but £300 a month seems incredibly steep...unless it generates a ton of work.

I'd wager there aren't many people on this forum with an annual advertising budget as high as £3,600...including the full-timers.

CRAZY K
25-03-2009, 08:55 AM
I don't know the size or your business, how many other people (if any) work for you or whether you're full or part time, but £300 a month seems incredibly steep...unless it generates a ton of work.

I'd wager there aren't many people on this forum with an annual advertising budget as high as £3,600...including the full-timers.

Agreed Rob, £300 per month is what you would expect to pay for a much larger turnover business---it wont generate a ton of work because there is so much competition.

I have ordinary Google entries appearing on searches which compete with other providers but we get loads of enquiries---I have to say that looking at the paid entries although they are above mine they dont look particularly prominent.

I know in some Sales forces they get paid commission on the GWYC basis.

Thats known in the sales business as GET WHAT YOU CAN.

IT BEARS NO RELATIONSHIP TO THE VALUE OF THE PRODUCT:(

Bit like Double Glazing, the salesman pockets the difference if your silly enough to sign up:eek:

Just a thought.

Go carefully,

CRAZY K