PDA

View Full Version : Moving heads.

Cj_The_Dj
27-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Right i have a pair of Acme imove 5s v.good lights then i got a pair of acme spot knights (not as good but soom good gobos) i try to link them

Imove - KnightSpot - KnightSpot - Imove
but when i do this the knightspots just strobe and thats it. but they work in master slave as a pair..

dose any one know how i can link them. also do they have shows like the i move?

please not i didnt get the manuel.

Grahame Case
27-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Right i have a pair of Acme imove 5s v.good lights then i got a pair of acme spot knights (not as good but soom good gobos) i try to link them

Imove - KnightSpot - KnightSpot - Imove
but when i do this the knightspots just strobe and thats it. but they work in master slave as a pair..

dose any one know how i can link them. also do they have shows like the i move?

Mr Fawlty! Mr Fawlty!

perhaps maybe DMX them? rather than master/ slave

Vectis
27-01-2009, 08:20 AM

Que? :p

Are these DMX'd or just master-slaved?

Tom
27-01-2009, 08:39 AM
I did post a link to those lights I think not to long ago.

Have a look on the prolight website for the manuals for the lights.

Just as VV said. If you run them via dmx from a computer/laptop or a dmx controller then you will be able to control all the lights and all will work correctly.

DMX Will
28-01-2009, 10:51 PM
I used this combination before... (dmx'd).

They just didn't work together even as DMX, I gave up and just used one type on their own as I had a show to do, but you can rest assured they were all DMX'd correctly and thus I can only come to conclusion that there is something in them that means they don't like each other...

Which completely goes against the physics of DMX, but they just wern't having it together... fine on their own (both pairs)... just weird.

If DMX'd you can buy a splitter, split the signal straight away, then send a chain to each set individually.