PDA

View Full Version : Mystics!!!!

DeckstarDeluxe
31-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Been looking at these for ages and been slighty put off by the fact it doesnt really bring anything different to my lighting rig as i have to mircaleds and a impossibled. Brought two off a fellow forum member here and i love em! Lot better than the videos ive seen online and covers a wider range than the mircaled and the impossibled. If your starting to get bored of using an impossibled i suggest you try a pair of these bad boys out!

Danieleastwood.com
31-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Possibly better suited to being posted in the equipment reviews section!

But then saying that, perhaps a little more indepth reasoning behind why they are so good.

Just a suggestion ;-)

ppentertainments
01-02-2009, 01:15 AM
It's still those blasted DOTS everywhere though.:mad:

DeckstarDeluxe
01-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Im not gonna write an essay on them hence why in here. Plus it leaves thread open for debate as i get the feeling many people are getting bored of impossibled.

It is dots but least they move around and not just fixed on a certain spot. Im hoping to use them tomorrow on my gig so may take a video and post

Shakermaker Promotions
01-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I've had 2 of the Mystics for ages now and I am not bored with them at all. In fact, they are the only lights that I always bang on about when they are mentioned on here. Yes, it is the old 'dots' thing but there is plenty of movement and also a very wide coverage. I always link mine togeather. You don't need to set them up at all, just plug in the DMX leads and that's it. They look really good with haze.

Excalibur
01-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I've had 2 of the Mystics for ages now and I am not bored with them at all. In fact, they are the only lights that I always bang on about when they are mentioned on here. Yes, it is the old 'dots' thing but there is plenty of movement and also a very wide coverage. I always link mine togeather. You don't need to set them up at all, just plug in the DMX leads and that's it. They look really good with haze.

I think I'm the only one on here who loves these.
http://www.americandj.com/ProductDetails.aspx?Category=&ItemNumber=1743
Sharp dots, very light, varying patterns, full room coverage. I'd back them over fixed lens units any day, though I guess the fixed lens type ( Impossibled et al ) are brighter.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-02-2009, 10:43 AM
If your starting to get bored of using an impossibled i suggest you try a pair of these bad boys out!

And you don't think you'll be bored with these in a few months?

Sharp dots, very light, varying patterns, full room coverage. I'd back them over fied lens units any day, though I guess the fixed lens type ( Impossibled et al ) are brighter.

I bought 2 of the scanners for an install and have to say I was fairly disappointed. I also bought a Miracled which is much sharper and brighter than the scans.

DeckstarDeluxe
01-02-2009, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=Solitaire Entertainments Ltd;310690]And you don't think you'll be bored with these in a few months?

Depends how busy i get really but as with any light your naturally get somewhat bored of it. They seem to have a better AI when in sound responsive mode though ive only had these on for 20 odd minutes.

As i said i'll be using these on a gig tonight so will post a video if i get the chance

Excalibur
01-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Sharp dots, very light, varying patterns, full room coverage. I'd back them over fied lens units any day, though I guess the fixed lens type ( Impossibled et al ) are brighter.

I bought 2 of the scanners for an install and have to say I was fairly disappointed. I also bought a Miracled which is much sharper and brighter than the scans.
Brighter I'd accept no argument. There is a manual focus on them, though I've never touched mine. I reckon they're sharper than the Impossibled, which I am not overly impressed with.

UltraBeat Entertainment
02-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Glad to hear you like them Neil,:)

I know where your coming from the movement in those lights are really good, smooth and it has good sound to light programs but the only thing that let them down for me is those "Dots" and the fact there is only 3 colours (Red, Blue, Green).

Hope you continue to enjoy them and remember you get much better control with the C-8 controller.

tc1ooo
02-02-2009, 04:13 PM
The mystics are the best LED effect I've seen, however I'm selling my 2, just because of the size of the things.