PDA

View Full Version : American DJ - Tri Phase

tc1ooo
05-02-2009, 02:00 PM
I had one of these delivered yesterday. So far I'm a bit dissapointed with the brightness, but it's hard to tell until I try it in a big room.

The idea was to get 2 of them to replace my 2 Mystics. I like the effect of the Mystics but they are a bit large and ugly.

I've made a video, halfway through it switches to the Tri Phase and Mystic both on together, best to watch it in high quality...

YouTube - Tri Phase vs Mystic LED

discomobiledj
05-02-2009, 02:37 PM
They are two completely different lights though. The ADJ use a smaller visual element than the Mystic's as well as being magnified.

Mark Wild
05-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Nice post mate. They look a bit too busy working together in that enviroment, but I can imagine they look quite cool in a decent sized venue. I like the Mystic but its always looked like a bit of a pig to deal with to me.

tc1ooo
05-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I won't be using them together. I've got rid of the last of the Mystics today.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Hmmm. More small dots going round a room.

Tom
05-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Good review.

I have been looking at the Tri Phase for a while but havent really seen a decent video of the light being used.

Really like the slow motion. :D

Penfold42
05-02-2009, 05:30 PM
I think it looks terrible IMO.....to busy and with the mystic, it just looks like a mass of busy spots before your eyes.
Maybe good for 16/18 or 21st.....

Not my cuppa. :)

ppentertainments
05-02-2009, 06:09 PM
I think it looks terrible IMO.....to busy and with the mystic, it just looks like a mass of busy spots before your eyes.
Maybe good for 16/18 or 21st.....

Not my cuppa. :)
My thoughts also. Mind you it is a bit of an improvement to all the solid flashing dots you get with most LED lights.

I see Acme have improved on the LED boogie with dots that move also.
http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodpage.asp?prodid=3001

Cowlinn
05-02-2009, 07:40 PM
They are two completely different lights though. The ADJ use a smaller visual element than the Mystic's as well as being magnified.

There (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10626) Both ADJ.

yourdj
05-02-2009, 07:54 PM
had a couple of these for a few month and they are great! They are not just dots its more like the effect you get from a laser.

i use them with impossiled as they make a good compliment.

Got two more coming tomorrow. Yay

They are also the same as acme 10 watt ivincibleds which have arrived at last this coming weekend.

What is the mystic like? I thought they were bigger? Was a bit put off by the shape for transportability purposes.

Penfold42
05-02-2009, 07:57 PM
had a couple of these for a few month and they are great! They are not just dots its more like the effect you get from a laser.

I think the laser moves slower....or is it just me...:o :)

spin mobile disco
07-02-2009, 05:31 PM
I saw one of the Tri phaze this week in a local DJ sop. I was impressed and they look fantastic straight on in smoke. My worry was that without smoke they are just another led effect. Mind you they are at the better end of the led effects.
The lights look more like gobos than leds as well.

Tony Scott
07-02-2009, 05:52 PM
I prefered the effect of the Mystics, they looked great when moving slowly...I'd like to spend a couple of hours DMX programming them for mood functions, bet you could get some great results!

Not that impressed with the Tri-Phase....:(

DeckstarDeluxe
24-03-2009, 08:29 PM
do not like the tri phase at all....

however in another thread they are shown to be good used against a screen behind the dj.

Silver
28-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I saw one in action in a pub last night and was not impressed, didn't float my boat at all.