PDA

View Full Version : When do you become "an agent"

wensleydale
08-02-2009, 09:34 AM
At the moment I am getting a fair few enquries for bookings that i cannot cover- partly because i work full time, partly becuase we try to focus on weddings, and partly because I like to limit the amount of work I take on.

Given that the work I've put into the website now seems to be paying off it seems a shame to effectively lose these enquiries straight away.

Can anyone advise whether there is any reason I cant charge people a nominal fee, eg £25 if they secure a booking that I pass on to them?
I'm guessing this is similar to how UK Disco works charging to see the text?

I appreciate its difficult to police but if people tell me they got the booking then I am more likely to give them more referrals in the future.

Aside from the "whether people would agree with the idea" angle, any thoughts?

Penfold42
08-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Can't see anything wrong in that. :)

I've passed a few on where people have sent me bookings for the same day.
The jobs priced well enough so I keep the deposit and pass the booking on.

But I always check with the customer 1st to make sure they are happy. :)

ppentertainments
08-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Could you not take the booking yourself, take a cut, then pass it onto another DJ ?? The problem here is ensuring the client knows that you may pass on work which can be offputting.

I don't know the legalities but can see why you would want something instead of passing on work for free or turning down bookings.

I am not in that fortunate position yet. When I do get enquiries when I am full I pass on the details of a couple of other local DJ's and check with them if the booking goes through. The favour is then returned when the same happens to them. It does sound like you would be giving away more than receiving though.

Corabar Steve
08-02-2009, 10:42 AM
These threads might help a little

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6700&highlight=Agent

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10357&highlight=Agency

wensleydale
07-04-2009, 06:37 PM
OK, following on from this I am still getting more bookings than I can fulfill and it seems a shame to "waste" them.

If anyone wants me to pass their details as described in the opening post please let me know.

They are weddings which I would envisage paying c£400-500.

Thanks

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-04-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't mind paying a commission. You have my details still I assume?

Penfold42
07-04-2009, 08:18 PM
If you get any this way....like wise. :)

wensleydale
07-04-2009, 09:02 PM
I don't mind paying a commission. You have my details still I assume?

If you get any this way....like wise. :)

Indeed I do gents.

Noted.

Dynamic Entertainment
07-04-2009, 09:27 PM
If you get any gigs in cumbria, keep me in mind :D

discomobiledj
07-04-2009, 10:24 PM
If you get any Essex/East London way then pass them on, happily pay a commission.

Corabar Steve
08-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Indeed I do gents.

Noted.
& us :sj: We regularly do gigs in Kingston, Surbiton, New Malden & Raynes Park & surrounding areas.

Try PMing Mikeeeeeeee for an answer to your actual question. (Unless he sees this thread & answers it)

juice
10-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Hi matey I am based in Kingston and would appreciate work as and when you cant cover. Only part time and have basic kit.