PDA

View Full Version : Small moving heads

jamie.t294
10-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi

I am looking for something i will probably never find!

basically i want some moving heads but with the following features

2 arms
small, compact
under £300 each
bright

I was looking at the x-move's but i have seen from several comments they are not very bright. Although i am still going to have a look at them later on the week, is there any others that anyone can suggest??? Are ther any rumours kicking about that we may see some new moving heads that a bright and small (maybe an x-move 2)?

Thanks

Jamie

Cowlinn
10-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Any particular reason you want 2 arms?

jamie.t294
10-02-2009, 07:33 PM
It might sound really stupid but i hate one armed moving heads, and for me the look of the light is important as well.

Cowlinn
10-02-2009, 07:42 PM
It might sound really stupid but i hate one armed moving heads, and for me the look of the light is important as well.

Very fair point, i do agree in some cases, have you looked at chauvet mini spot?

One:
http://www.soundlightltd.com/proddetail.php?prod=J40373

Pack of 4
http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodpage.asp?prodid=2665

jamie.t294
10-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi,

they are quite nice, look quite impressive. the only thing is whats the difference between the x-moves and these. Are they any brighter?

Thanks

Jamie

Tom
10-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Those Chauvet LED Minispot are not that bright tbh. Seen them loads of times at dj shows. Not worth it for dj'ing really but having said that, it depends on what size venues you do.

These could only be uses for small halls.

I have not done a A-B test of these lights but I would say that the x-moves would be brigher is its a larger unit, which means a larger LED.

The x-move uses a 20watt led where at the Chauvet LED Minispot uses a cluster of RGB leds, which in fast it no near as bright as a white led.

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodpage.asp?prodid=2789

Thats £275 per light which is not bad. I paied £1200 for the 4 but that was back in November 2008.

jamie.t294
10-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi,

This might help with my answer i currently have 4 acme dynamos (100 watt). Are the x-moves as bright as them?

Cowlinn
10-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes x-moves are brighter then chauvet. but if i were going to buy some i prefer the chauvet mini spots IMO

Cj_The_Dj
10-02-2009, 10:51 PM
how small you wanting. because the imove 5 is small compared to some lol very nice light and bright. but probably to big for you.

yourdj
10-02-2009, 10:58 PM
I would wait if i were you. I have a feeling some really bright and small stuff is coming soon.

Cowlinn
10-02-2009, 11:31 PM
I would wait if i were you. I have a feeling some really bright and small stuff is coming soon.

Really, like what... Martin Mac Led?? :D dont think so.

yourdj
10-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Why not. Maybe not at £300 though LOL.

Looked at the showtecs when they came out and was not impressed. good attempt but not bright enough. I toyed with the idea of four on a tbar all dmx'd up and ready to go.

I have 2 10watt LED tri phase and the clarity of the dashes at 20-30 m is amazing even in full indoor light.

Im selling two mh now as they are simply too heavy for the kind of mobile show i want to have. The 150 watt bulbs are rubbish too.

Only a matter of time until mac quality heads are palm sized. with better circuitry and engineering/bulk production they will be £300-£500 in a few years just as halogen scanners are now compared to a few years ago.

jamie.t294
10-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Really, like what... Martin Mac Led?? :D dont think so.

Actually you would be surprised. i work in a theatre and we get to hear all about martin lighting and the others. Varilite is another lighting company. Some say they are better than martin lighting but only in theatrical circumstances. They are developing the first super led moving head but its going to be ridiculously expensive, more so than the new martin mac III which cots £50,000 (i would buy them but they are too big :D ).

Anyway back on topic, i think i might go and check out the x moves and the i solution 5S's. THe only reason i want them small is for transport. (i really need a van). If i dont like what i see ill wait another year.

thanks
Jamie

Cowlinn
11-02-2009, 12:55 AM
Actually you would be surprised. i work in a theatre and we get to hear all about martin lighting and the others. Varilite is another lighting company. Some say they are better than martin lighting but only in theatrical circumstances. They are developing the first super led moving head but its going to be ridiculously expensive, more so than the new martin mac III which cots £50,000 (i would buy them but they are too big :D ).

Anyway back on topic, i think i might go and check out the x moves and the i solution 5S's. THe only reason i want them small is for transport. (i really need a van). If i dont like what i see ill wait another year.

thanks
Jamie

ahh, VL , seen the new bad boy? (actually called the VL BADBOY) Not for sale. i beileve only hsl have them ATM :)
And as for led Proper movers...never seen anything other then the robe wash series...any links?:D

Cowlinn
11-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Why not. Maybe not at £300 though LOL.

Looked at the showtecs when they came out and was not impressed. good attempt but not bright enough. I toyed with the idea of four on a tbar all dmx'd up and ready to go.

I have 2 10watt LED tri phase and the clarity of the dashes at 20-30 m is amazing even in full indoor light.

Im selling two mh now as they are simply too heavy for the kind of mobile show i want to have. The 150 watt bulbs are rubbish too.

Only a matter of time until mac quality heads are palm sized. with better circuitry and engineering/bulk production they will be £300-£500 in a few years just as halogen scanners are now compared to a few years ago.

Hmmm, got me thinking, do you think there coming, for i dont see a reason why martin, varlite, robe, studiospot or any other profesional makes couldn't replave there 575, 1200 whatever watt lamps with a cluster of the beasty leds? what do you think.

jamie.t294
15-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Hmmm, got me thinking, do you think there coming, for i dont see a reason why martin, varlite, robe, studiospot or any other profesional makes couldn't replave there 575, 1200 whatever watt lamps with a cluster of the beasty leds? what do you think.

I think their main problem is that LED's cant produce true white. Well actually, they can, but the technology is very expensive. Mind you so is Martin!

There must be a reason why they aren't making them. Maybe they wouldnt sell. After all, huge stadiums and theatres that use Martin lighting already aren't going to be worried about the electricity bill!