PDA

View Full Version : DENONHD2500 - drag and drop

Grahame Case
11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
anyone know if it is possible to Drag and Drop files straight onto the internal HDD in the HD2500?

i don't want to be sitting for hours clicking "add folder to database" etc.

Tom
11-02-2009, 07:20 PM
As far as I know, no. You have to use the Denon Dj Music Manager.

I think if you have all the music in your pc already, you can upload everything in one go and just leave it to do its thing. Does take a while but not to long (depending on how many tracks you are uploading). :)

If you were to use an external hard drive then thats a different matter. Just create a folder called music on the external hd, add as many songs as you like (up to 50,000 tracks), open Denon DJ Music manager, click on the external HD on the top left right, you right click and select update databse. This then searches for any music on the external hd and creates a data file, so the controller can find the tracks when you search for them.

Hope this helps. :)

Grahame Case
11-02-2009, 07:24 PM
HI Tom, thanks, i'll let you know in 5 minutes if my quick cheat way of doing things is succesful

EDITED : works like a dream brilliant :)

Tom
11-02-2009, 09:37 PM
What did you do then Grahame???

Grahame Case
11-02-2009, 10:04 PM
What did you do then Grahame???
lets get a little formality out the way :

PLEASE NOTE : THIS IS NOT A WAY OF FILE TRANSFER RECOMMENDED BY DENON - I CAN ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR HD2500 BY USING THE METHOD I DESCRIBE - if in doubt don't do it

Connect your Denon HD2500 in the standard way, and get up to the point where it suggests you open the software but DO NOT open up denon DJ manager software,

first navigate to your Denon HD in windows explorer.
naavigate to "contents folder"
find the files/folders you want to copy onto your denon HD,
Drag and drop them into the "contents" folder on your denon HDD
wait for files to transfer
then open Denon DJ manager

select your DN2500 in the software and hit "update database"

continue with denon instructions to remove HD2500.

when you turn on your hd2500 you'll find your files have magically appeared.

blitz
11-02-2009, 10:12 PM
yip thats the way i do it grahame with no probs at all, can't see it damaging the hd2500 as in pc mode it is only seen as an hd and the denon software is just updating the database file on there after analising your tracks.

Have you put a larger drive in there or just using the 40gb one?

Grahame Case
11-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Have you put a larger drive in there or just using the 40gb one?

40gb still, only had it about 3 hours :) it is still shiny and exciting.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-02-2009, 10:28 AM

Incorrect Tom. You really should check before making these statements. :)

Just find the Denon HDD on the PC you are transferring from and drag and drop/copy and paste and then re-do your database.

I've always done it this way without problems.

Excalibur
12-02-2009, 01:56 PM

Just find the Denon HDD on the PC you are transferring from and drag and drop/copy and paste and then re-do your database.

It's a good job us numpties just unplug the drive from the Cortex and connect it straight to the PC. I like simple. :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-02-2009, 02:23 PM
It's a good job us numpties just unplug the drive from the Cortex and connect it straight to the PC. I like simple. :D

And plugging a laptop into a Denon is complicated?

Excalibur
12-02-2009, 02:36 PM
And plugging a laptop into a Denon is complicated?

It sounds like it to me. It also seems complex to others apparently. ;) :D :D

As one who has so far firmly eschewed gaining vast knowledge of the working processes of the much vaunted Denon, I assume you're all connecting a USB cable from a socket on the Denon to a Laptop/PC in order to access the internal HD on it? :confused: I guess the procedure for a DDS80 would be similar? :confused:
Me I'll stick with simple. ;) :D

Tom
12-02-2009, 04:10 PM

Well if I said I know it was that way and I got it wrong then fair enough but I said as far as I know, meaning the only way I know was using Denon DJ Music Manager.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Well if I said I know it was that way and I got it wrong then fair enough but I said as far as I know, meaning the only way I know was using Denon DJ Music Manager.

Yes, but you are answering a direct question incorrectly and giving the wrong advice.

This is what you said and it is the wrong advice. You don't have to use Denon MM...

And it makes no difference if you say "As far as I know":)

Tom
12-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Yes, but you are answering a direct question incorrectly and giving the wrong advice.

This is what you said and it is the wrong advice. You don't have to use Denon MM...

And it makes no difference if you say "As far as I know":)

Well in that case I take back what I said and apologise for giving the wrong advice. :)

DJMaxG
07-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi,
Usually, you should be able to connect a USB up to the unit, and it should act like a Flash Drive.

I would hope that it would be drag and drop, otherwise you'd have to click "Add to folder" 4,000 times.

Twinspin
07-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Okies here goes. Max G is spot on with this.

Connect the rounded end of the usb (b) connector to the denon hd2500 plug the otherside into your laptop or pc.

press the red source button the machine and select with the parameter knob PC. and press the parameter knob down.

You can drag and drop onto the internal denon hardisk. You dont even have to use the music manager either to do it. When you have put the music on. switch the denon off. and remove the usb cable.

Then switch the denon back on and Press the Util Mode button on the denon. and go to initialisation and the option (database creation or edit database something like that) and select the drive and then create the database and that way you can do it without the music manager.

If you need any help Grahame send me a PM and ill try my best to help you with it.

Shakermaker Promotions
07-04-2009, 05:57 PM
I don't know why someone said you would have to click 'Add Folder' around 4000 times? I click on the specific HD I am adding to, click on 'Add Folder' and then go to the folder where I am adding tunes from. I then press down CTRL and select multiple files and add them all at the same time. It works for me.

Excalibur
07-04-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't know why someone said you would have to click 'Add Folder' around 4000 times? I click on the specific HD I am adding to, click on 'Add Folder' and then go to the folder where I am adding tunes from. I then press down CTRL and select multiple files and add them all at the same time. It works for me.

Please excuse the Village Idiot for getting involved here, but does this moving of files involve the use of a PC as I suspected? :confused: Or is the Denon cleverer than I thought? :confused:

Twinspin
07-04-2009, 07:22 PM
You need a pc to do it yes. because the denon internal hardisk appears like a flash drive does on your computer. it will be labelled a drive letter.

As for the music manager for the denon Its optional. You dont have to use it to update the database. You can use the util mode on the denon to do it

Excalibur
07-04-2009, 07:55 PM
You need a pc to do it yes. because the denon internal hardisk appears like a flash drive does on your computer. it will be labelled a drive letter.

As for the music manager for the denon Its optional. You dont have to use it to update the database. You can use the util mode on the denon to do it

Thanks for that John. :D

yourdj
10-05-2009, 08:34 AM
I just use a few pen drives and work from them. Each one is for a different use (ie weddings, 18th's). You can then edit the playlist whenever. an 8gb you can fit allot on that. serato otherwise for me.