PDA

View Full Version : LED Movers- comparison

wensleydale
11-02-2009, 08:12 PM
I know theres a few threads on this at the moment but no-one seems to have seen the main 3 contenders together- can anyone advise differently?

The Genesis, X-Move and the Chauvet Mini Spot are the 3 I am looking at- anyone seen them together and able to state which they preferred and why, or any other reasons why I should choose one over the other?

spin mobile disco
11-02-2009, 10:10 PM
I have seen the mini spot and although the movement is very smooth and they look good in smoke the light output is not impressive. I would put it similar to a 50watt scanner not even on par the acme dynamo scanner output.
Havent seen the other two but I am told by my local supplier that the X-move is about to release a version 2 with a new organic led that is surposed to be very bright. But have no idea on the accuracy of that info.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-02-2009, 10:25 AM
The Genesis and Move are of similar brightness which is no-where near what the halogen Imoves put out at a distance. Close up they are similar. I also don't think the gobos are as sharp on the Led fixtures.

The rotating gobos on the Genesis are good, but you need to DMX them to get the full effect.

yourdj
12-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Dont spose you know what is planned after this?

Wont bother with these but interested in four on a TBAR in the future.