PDA

View Full Version : Getting Card payment from website ..

Rowleys
17-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Is there anyway off setting up a credit card payment from my website that will go start to my bank ??

i use paypal but most people dont use it :(

Cheesey 1975
17-02-2009, 08:52 PM
not sure about that

ask darren or someone like that

i prefer cash or cheques in advance !!

Dynamic Entertainment
17-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Think you have to use a merchant but im not 100% Why not provide people with you sort code and acc. no and take BACS payments? Less hassle.

Rowleys
17-02-2009, 08:57 PM
just thort a payment for deposit from then website when there filling out the booking form online

saves postage and time..

Cheesey 1975
17-02-2009, 08:59 PM
why not use the above method then???

Rowleys
17-02-2009, 09:01 PM
could do .. might do that

Grahame Case
17-02-2009, 09:03 PM
i use www.djeventplanner.com and it has a payment solution which is provided by Paypal, but anyone can use it, you need not have to have a paypal account to use it.

Vectis
17-02-2009, 09:07 PM
If "people" won't use PayPal, what makes you think they'll trust a different merchant?

I offer PayPal and take 90% of deposits and about 70% of final payments through it - and no-one's ever asked me if I take cards any other way.

Not sure how you've implemented PayPal, but I use the button maker to generate a unique set of payment buttons for each individual customer - Booking Fee, Final Payment, Full Payment (which disappears if Booking Fee has been paid) and Extras.

nigelwright7557
17-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Watch out for chargebacks on credit cards if someone isnt 100% happy with your gig !

Grahame Case
17-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Watch out for chargebacks on credit cards if someone isnt 100% happy with your gig !

that why you don't take credit cards nigel? :) :p :p :p

Rowleys
17-02-2009, 09:20 PM
never thort of that lol .. no card payment for mee

nigelwright7557
17-02-2009, 09:21 PM
that why you don't take credit cards nigel? :) :p :p :p

I take the loot and scoot !

Grahame Case
17-02-2009, 09:22 PM
never thort of that lol .. no card payment for mee

look at it this way, i think it is vitally important to be able to take money off your clients, and the easier you make that for them the better, makes business sense!

nigelwright7557
17-02-2009, 09:26 PM
look at it this way, i think it is vitally important to be able to take money off your clients, and the easier you make that for them the better, makes business sense!

At the same time you dont want to make it easy for them to take the money back !

Grahame Case
17-02-2009, 09:30 PM
At the same time you dont want to make it easy for them to take the money back !

if you offer a superb service they have no reason to be charging back...

nigelwright7557
17-02-2009, 09:33 PM
if you offer a superb service they have no reason to be charging back...

But its down to the client to decide if you did a good job, not you.

Whats happens if you get an unscrupulous client who just decides to do a chargeback claiming he wasnt happy ?

If you have the dosh upfront then their only recourse would be to take you to a small claims court which is a real pain for both parties.

Grahame Case
17-02-2009, 09:41 PM
But its down to the client to decide if you did a good job, not you.

yes, and with any business in the service industry you should want to go out and give the client your best

Whats happens if you get an unscrupulous client who just decides to do a chargeback claiming he wasnt happy ?

doubt it would happen, maybe at the £60 sid end of the market, but not at the higher end

If you have the dosh upfront then their only recourse would be to take you to a small claims court which is a real pain for both parties.

are you saying if i client came up to you at the end of the night and said, "your set was :Censored: " you wouldn't give them a refund..

I've never had it happen myself, but i probably would give them most of their money back if they feel the service i offered them had been inadequate, or not up to their expectations

nigelwright7557
17-02-2009, 09:44 PM
are you saying if i client came up to you at the end of the night and said, "your set was :Censored: " you wouldn't give them a refund..

I would always cover myself by asking the client what they wanted before the gig. Then on the night ask for requests repeatedly after playing what the client asked for.

If the client still decided it was a crap night then I know they are trying to pull a fast one.

Either way, whether they are satisfied or not a chargeback is still possible.
So I only take cash or cheque upfront.

Mark Wild
17-02-2009, 09:45 PM
but i probably would give them most of their money back if they feel the service i offered them had been inadequate, or not up to their expectations

Are you serious? If that ever happens to me I'm certainly not giving them any money back.

Grahame Case
17-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Are you serious? If that ever happens to me I'm certainly not giving them any money back.

sorry Mark, i was being a bit Facetious,

course i wouldn't give them my money back, i said that as a throwaway comment

i offer the client the chance to provide me with a playlist, or i read the floor/take requests throughout the night, if the client comes to me at the end of the night to complain they really have no recourse...

Dynamic Entertainment
17-02-2009, 10:55 PM
I once had the father of a bride try and refuse to pay me because i was "crap". His daughter ended up in tears because she, and everyone else according to her, had had a great night and (here words) "Dads being a tight old :Censored: as usual and im sick of him"

yourdj
18-02-2009, 07:43 AM
What about merchant services then?

Im eagerly waiting for some bright spark to come up with something LOL.

Getting expensive cashing cheques all the time and annoying for customers to fill them out.

What i want is an individual portal for each client to pay, fill out track selections and let their guests fill out tracks etc.

Marc J
18-02-2009, 08:07 AM
What about merchant services then?

Im eagerly waiting for some bright spark to come up with something LOL.

Getting expensive cashing cheques all the time and annoying for customers to fill them out.

What i want is an individual portal for each client to pay, fill out track selections and let their guests fill out tracks etc.

Some related threads :-

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18245
http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9706
http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7344 (that one more on the client area side of things than taking payments)

yourdj
18-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-02-2009, 10:33 AM

Don't talk nonsense Nigel. Never going to happen.

What would people tell the creditcard company? I didn't enjoy it, so I want my money back? The only way they would get a chargeback is if the DJ didn't turn up or something else went badly wrong.

Grahame Case
18-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Don't talk nonsense Nigel. Never going to happen.

What would people tell the creditcard company? I didn't enjoy it, so I want my money back? The only way they would get a chargeback is if the DJ didn't turn up or something else went badly wrong.

Darren, thank you for voicing what i was thinking and struggling to say.

Edited later on to add,

Just received my first Paypal payment through for an event, they've chosen to pay a larger initial installment amount than my booking fee,

paypal gives the buyer protection and also the seller, so it is a win win situation, if i was doing enough business i would go with PROTX for my payment gateway.