PDA

View Full Version : faulty citronic 10:4

19-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Hello

I've got a Citronic 10:4 as a backup.

One of the channels when i plug in via the xlr sockets on the back is quieter than the other

Signal is fine when i plug phono's into the other main output and also the booth output.

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong and if it might be fixable myself?

Cheers
Alan

nigelwright7557
19-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Is the same channel low if you swap the stereo channels over ?

As an electronics engineer I would be stupid to suggest you start poking around the inside yourself.

ppentertainments
19-02-2009, 10:15 PM

As an electronics engineer I would be stupid to suggest you start poking around the inside yourself.
Doesn't normally stop you :D

nigelwright7557
19-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Doesn't normally stop you :D

It wont stop me, I am fully qualified :D

Tom
20-02-2009, 11:45 AM
How old is the mixer? did it come with a warranty and is so, is it in date still? Could be worth phone up the retailer to get them to sort it out for you?

20-02-2009, 11:53 AM

No, the same channel is always quieter.

How old is the mixer? did it come with a warranty and is so, is it in date still? Could be worth phone up the retailer to get them to sort it out for you?

No it's well out of warranty.

It's not a huge problem as i can still plug in via the phono's.

My brother's fully qualified electrical engineer, if it turned out to be a common problem, and someone may known what it was, it was have saved a bit of time testing it all, but not to worry, i'll let him loose on it, i'm sure (well hoping) he finds the problem.

Excalibur
20-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Hello

One of the channels when i plug in via the xlr sockets on the back is quieter than the other

Signal is fine when i plug phono's into the other main output and also the booth output.

Cheers
Alan

Output channel as in Left /Right as opposed to individual Channel 1,2,3,4?

If that's the case, I'd suspect a bad connection, or oxidised contact. Do keep us posted.

Creature
20-02-2009, 05:53 PM
excalabers probally right about oxidised conection - it is a common fault if tehy have been stored for periods. One of mine had similar prob took it to be loked at cost me £35.00 to get done and he gave it a full service - been going now nearly 3 years without a hitch :):)

Cowlinn
22-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Hello

Cheers
Alan

Are you aware they're made by Skytec ;)

Jiggles
22-02-2009, 03:52 PM
I used to have one before i got my behringer and it was good enough. Brand Snobbery here.

ultrasound disco
16-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Being in the beginning of my "old fart" phase of life, I remember when Citronic was a brand that held respect..even their speakers were not too bad in the 70's/early 80's.
Sadly those days have long gone.
I am now learning mandarin to be able to understand spec manuals...lol

Excalibur
16-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Being in the beginning of my "old fart"phase of life, I remember when Citronic was a brand that held respect..even their speakers were not too bad in the 70's/early 80's.
Sadly those days have long gone.
I am now learning mandarin to be able to understand spec manuals...lol

Kids! :p You're right mate, time was they were the weapon of choice. Nowadays you've got to be careful with badges. Some of them aren't what they once were. ;)