PDA

View Full Version : how to put keyboard keys back in

DJmissbehaving
20-02-2009, 08:11 PM
I had a crumb under one of my keys on my laptop so i took key out and now i cant get it back on.....Anyone got any suggestions??

Disco Leisure UK
20-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Underneath the keys you should have a plastic clip and a rubber dome, the plastic clip should clip into small grooves on either side of dome and the main key then clicks onto the plastic clip, but some are different to others...hope this makes sense....:confused: I have replaced quite a few on mine.

DJmissbehaving
20-02-2009, 08:50 PM
yes it makes sense....i just cant click i back in. Annoying me now

DazzyD
20-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Hiya Pam!

The key should (if you're lucky!) just press back in to place. However, some specific keys have metal pins on them and, if they've come off with the key top, this makes things a bit trickier.

In this instance, you need to fix the metal pin back to the keyboard first (it will go in to the pin holder and may even clip down on the keyboard itself). Once the pin is in place you can then just press the key top down to click it in to place!

Alternatively, if you take off lots of keys like I did, you can just disconnect the keyboard from the motherboard, pay around £7 for a usb keyboard and use that instead! That's what I did with the lappy I'm using now! ;)