PDA

View Full Version : i need a little bit of help

justincase3000
22-02-2009, 04:34 PM
first sorry for my spelling and stuff English is not my first language but yes um i just bought a few lights and 2 strobes my problem is that i dont want my strobes to be independent i dont want to have them always build in to my scene i want to be able to sometime in the middle of the show just blackout the room and turn on my strobes or my spot lights at dj request but with my dmx controller it will take me to long to do it cause i have to change banks etc and you guys know so what can i do i was reading in to dimmer packs im guessing that is exactly what i need but im not sure cause i was gonna buy 3 dimmer packs but i wanted you guys opinion and ideas

Penfold42
22-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Hello,

Please take a few minutes to read this -

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11711

Thank you. :)

A1DL
22-02-2009, 04:41 PM
i dont want my strobes to be independent i dont want to have them always build in to my scene i want to be able to sometime in the middle of the show just blackout the room and turn on my strobes or my spot lights at dj request but with my dmx controller it will take me to long to do it cause i have to change banks etc and you guys know so what can i do i was reading in to dimmer packs im guessing that is exactly what i need but im not sure cause i was gonna buy 3 dimmer packs

Don't think about connecting your strobes to dimmer circuits unless you want to destroy them.

andyw
22-02-2009, 04:44 PM
welcome to the forum,i think by reading your post this is what you require
http://www.djsupplies.co.uk/njd-switch-pack-euro-8s-437-p.asp
although i dont use strobes,we use a similar one to turn lights on and off,if the strobes are dmx a ca8 controller might do them i'm sure someone else will tell you the correct answer there

Bouncy Dancefloor
23-02-2009, 03:36 AM
first of all, dont put strobes onto switch panels, not recommended!!!

secondly, as someone has said, dimmer packs + strobes is not a good idea

third, to control strobes, you generally need to get a dedicated strobe controller, most cheap strobes dont allow this, so it depends what strobes you have