PDA

View Full Version : website live - s.e.o. help

Candybeatdiscos
13-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Ok thats my website now live www.kingdombeats.co.uk I am just now looking at how i can improve my rankings in google, i dont know an awful lot about SEO and keywords or meta tags etc but i am trying to learn.

Now i need to start my advertising, am having an amazing time in my day job, and as a result i should have a fair few quid to spend on my advertising in April. What sort of idea's can anyone offer? I am hoping to get into a wedding fair soon when i have generated a few more bucks.

I have my business cards and am just trying to hand them out to as many people as i can, i have also donated my services (free of charge) to my kids school for a stars in thier eyes in Marcha and hawaian theme disco in april (free as my kids go to the school and its to raise money for the kids to get to the gala).

Also whats the best flyer design software (bear in mind i am awful at photoshop)

Shaun, i will be looking to get you to design both flyers and logo at a later date when i have a wee bit more cash.

Jiggles
13-03-2009, 10:51 PM
https://www.servage.net/blog/2009/02/15/optimize-your-website-for-search-engines/ See there also looking at you site you have doubled this up a few times:

<!--meta_begin-->

<meta name="description" content="Homepage of Kingdom Beats Disco Services, serving east and central Scotland">

<meta name="keywords" content="kingdom, beats, kingdom beats, Mobile, Disco, DJ, dj, Party, wedding, christmas, halloween, xmas, kids, party, parties, edinburgh, glasgow, dundee, dunfermline, fife, kirkcaldy, cowdenbeath, lochgelly, rosyth">

<!--meta_end--><head><META content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<script src="mouseover.js">
</script>
<script src="subnavig.js">
</script>
<script src="gen_subnavig.js">
</script>

Or some variation on it.

nigelwright7557
13-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Theres a problem with your "Contact us" page.
I cant just click on your email address to open a mail messenger.

For the link put mailto:[email protected]
using your own email address.

Candybeatdiscos
13-03-2009, 11:25 PM
oh - cheers i missed that

Shaun
14-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Shaun, i will be looking to get you to design both flyers and logo at a later date when i have a wee bit more cash.

No problem, I still have the logo sample I designed for you, stored away.

Best of luck in your new venture, Garry. Good to have you back. :beer1:

Penfold42
14-03-2009, 04:57 PM
I just had a look.....nice site like the colours, but looked at the legal page...and see this....:confused:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Client – The person hiring Kingdom Beats

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Company – Kingdom Beats. Address 2 McClelland Crescent, Dunfermline, Fife, KY11 3BW

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->DJ – Representative or Employee of Kingdom Beats, present at the Event

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Venue – The location of the Event

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Booking/Contract – The hiring of the Company by the Client, in accordance with the Contract

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Event – the actual party, wedding or other function for which the Client has booked the Company

Is that supposed to be there...:)

scoopd
23-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Nos sure about the music kicking in unannounced.There's nothing worse than having your speakers loud for something you have chosen to listen to and then deafened by the next site