PDA

View Full Version : css help?

womble
14-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi,

I'm starting to work on my new website and have got a layout, that looks ok in safari and firefox but isn't working properly in internet explorer... I think it's my css style sheet but I can't figure it out.

Is anyone able to help me out?

Cheers,
Chris.

Jiggles
14-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Links would help!

womble
14-03-2009, 07:26 PM
As I said, it's basically a shell at the moment...

www.acepartypeople.net

womble
15-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Think I've resolved it now...

CRAZY K
15-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Think I've resolved it now...

Dont most people view in IE?

If its not compatible with that ----its not user friendly--:eek:

CRAZY K

womble
15-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Dont most people view in IE?

If its not compatible with that ----its not user friendly--:eek:

CRAZY K

Exactamundo, hence why I asked for help.

CRAZY K
15-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Exactamundo, hence why I asked for help.

Seems to be working ok with my IE.:D

Personal suggestion--I would get a landline phone number OR dont bother.

I really think it looks unprofessional and part time using a mobile---waits for a load of abuse:)

Just my thoughts--especially as the word professional appears on the home page

CRAZY K

womble
15-03-2009, 08:54 PM
I managed to fix the style sheet problem.

I'm still working on the content, so I know some of the grammar is poor, etc.

I think I'll leave the mobile number on there for now, I'm guessing most enquiries will be via email as whoever is looking at the site will be at a computer. Plus, I'm more likely to answer my mobile than my landline as it's with me 100% of the time.

Jiggles
15-03-2009, 08:59 PM
How about a nice Email form? Just incase some one doesn't have outlook or something like that installed and set up.

womble
15-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah I might knock up a simple php form, and/or a "call me back" button. I think I've got some php-form-sender code stashed away somewhere...

Vectis
15-03-2009, 09:18 PM
I think I'll leave the mobile number on there for now, I'm guessing most enquiries will be via email as whoever is looking at the site will be at a computer.

Don't let Mr James hear you say that :o

You should look into setting up an 0800 or 0845 divert to mobile - it's a lot cheaper than most people imagine. I have an 0800 divert to mobile and it cost less than £20 to set up, plus £1 a month "low usage line rental" and a few pence per minute. My monthly bills are usually about £4 or £5. It also means you can change the divert online so if you have a phone problem or you want to divert to someone else whilst you're out gigging or whatever, you can do this really easily.

womble
15-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Didn't realise 0800 numbers were that cheap... I may look into it then, even though I hate 0800 numbers.

markthedoc
20-03-2009, 01:33 PM
IE is an absolute pain in the bum when it comes to CSS.

IE6 is the worst because it's an old browser it's full of mad little bugs and issues.

Make sure your xhtml & CSS validates to W3C standards first before you try and debug, it can save you a load of time.

discomobiledj
20-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Make sure your xhtml & CSS validates to W3C standards first before you try and debug, it can save you a load of time.

You don't have to validate it. There are corporate websites that don't comply.

markthedoc
20-03-2009, 02:13 PM
You don't have to validate it. There are corporate websites that don't comply.

I didn't say you HAVE to validate, I just said it's easier to debug and find problems in IE if your code is valid to begin with.