PDA

View Full Version : CD drawer wont open

Reminisce disco
17-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Guys,

Testing my KAM KCDJ110'S out tonight in preparation for a gig tomorrow night and found one of the cd drawers wont open. Its says "open" on the LED display but nothing happens. Been trying all day on and off but nothing. Help needed urgently!!!!Backup is knackered as well !!!!
Andy

DJ James Lake
17-03-2009, 04:43 PM
You mean you dont have a backup of your backup tut tut.. Seriously now though try removing the lid of the deck and see if there is a cd in the drawer. I have done this numerous times and found that I left a cd in and in transport it moved and jammed the drawer from opening. Worth a shot.

Reminisce disco
17-03-2009, 04:57 PM
just took it apart, no cd in there!!

Tom
17-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Does it make any noises when you listen to it???

Reminisce disco
17-03-2009, 05:03 PM
No , it doesnt sound like its trying to open. just silence!!

Tom
17-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Just a guess but would be a loose connection or maby the motor is knackard???

Reminisce disco
17-03-2009, 05:29 PM
hmmm maybe, looks like a trip to my local dj shop tomorrow for me!!!

Tom
17-03-2009, 05:43 PM
hmmm maybe, looks like a trip to my local dj shop tomorrow for me!!!

Hope it's nothing to major. :(

mike8863
17-03-2009, 06:21 PM
my old citronic cd1 did this, i kept pressing open and close until it opened, usually 3-4 times. I have also heard of people leaving cd's in them which apparently means they don't stick. I found mine were getting cold almost damp, so put some of that silica gel, (the stuff you get with electronic appliances in the packing), in the unit. so far so good, absorbs the moisture a treat.

DJMaxG
07-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Guys,

Testing my KAM KCDJ110'S out tonight in preparation for a gig tomorrow night and found one of the cd drawers wont open. Its says "open" on the LED display but nothing happens. Been trying all day on and off but nothing. Help needed urgently!!!!Backup is knackered as well !!!!
Andy

It's a coinsidence how the backup and the main decks are both damaged at the same time.

It could be a fault with the circuitory, or least likely be the DIN Control cable that connects the top part to the draw section.

Needs to go in for repair, However I would certainly not reccomend taking it to the Gig. Perhaps hire, borrow, or buy a replacement in time.