PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: CD Deck

SC Events
21-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi all,

I'm after a Dual CD Deck, I was looking at the Numark CDN 22 - What do you think?

I have found a Gemini CD 240 on eBay, but after what has happened recently I am a bit doubtful. - I bought a Numark CD22 off there and it was listed as "In excellent condition, good as new, hardly used" but when I got it, buttons didn't work and once it had got to the normal operating temperature it didn't work.

If any of you are selling one I would be interested in hearing from you.

Thanks,

Scott.

P.S. My maximum spend is about £150

Creature
21-03-2009, 09:58 PM
so why didnt recontact the seller and ask for refund or start a dispute ?????

SC Events
21-03-2009, 11:26 PM
I have, but she is saying "It must have got damaged in the post!" What a load of :Censored:

Tom
21-03-2009, 11:31 PM
I have, but she is saying "It must have got damaged in the post!" What a load of :Censored:

Can't you send it back as you got damaged goods then???

Maby ebay or paypal could help you get you money back???

DeckstarDeluxe
21-03-2009, 11:40 PM
how was it sent? recorded delivery?

Did the packaging say "handle with care"?

Bouncy Dancefloor
22-03-2009, 01:28 AM
buy a Numark CDN22 NEW for about £125?

basic but decent reliable twin cd player

SC Events
22-03-2009, 01:37 AM
how was it sent? recorded delivery?

Did the packaging say "handle with care"?

It was sent through Royal Mail (Standard Parcels) and the box did not say handle with care.

DeckstarDeluxe
22-03-2009, 11:51 AM
It was sent through Royal Mail (Standard Parcels) and the box did not say handle with care.

theres your proplem i would mention that to paypal/ebay as i dont think you get any insurance for standard parcels with royal mail but you do (about £30 i belive) if you send it first class recorded.

501damian501
22-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi all,

I'm after a Dual CD Deck, I was looking at the Numark CDN 22 - What do you think?

I have found a Gemini CD 240 on eBay, but after what has happened recently I am a bit doubtful. - I bought a Numark CD22 off there and it was listed as "In excellent condition, good as new, hardly used" but when I got it, buttons didn't work and once it had got to the normal operating temperature it didn't work.

If any of you are selling one I would be interested in hearing from you.

Thanks,

Scott.

P.S. My maximum spend is about £150

yes i have a set of kams for sale, not a very good make, but their not dual their just table top cd players and also a behringer mixer for sale...

they come along with orginal boxes, they only been used afew times, i,d be sad to see them go...

Creature
22-03-2009, 04:57 PM
scott if you paid via paypal then you will be covered - but you nee dto start dispute within 30 days. if she is claiming the damage was done in shipping then she hadnt packed it properly. in fact unless teh item was hanging out of teh box i cannot think of a way the buttons could be damaged. did it look as described in the auction ?

i would go so far to say that this item may have been miss sold and ebay or paypal should help you get your maoney back - may take a few weeks

you could email seller and say you are willing to ship item back and want a full refund - if she refuse then state you will be passingall contact and fault details to ebay & paypal and tehn start the dispute.

as a buyer and seller on ebay i hate sellers who misrepresent there goods, altho i charge mnore for shipping to make sure items are well wrapped and as secure as can be still get buyers sayingprice is to high - you cant win sometimes.

all the best and keep us informed

SC Events
22-03-2009, 05:05 PM
yes i have a set of kams for sale, not a very good make, but their not dual their just table top cd players and also a behringer mixer for sale...

they come along with orginal boxes, they only been used afew times, i,d be sad to see them go...

Thanks for the offer Damian, but I'm after rack (console) mounted.

If have some Kam ones I am going to sell. :D

Thanks,

SC Events
22-03-2009, 05:06 PM
scott if you paid via paypal then you will be covered - but you nee dto start dispute within 30 days. if she is claiming the damage was done in shipping then she hadnt packed it properly. in fact unless teh item was hanging out of teh box i cannot think of a way the buttons could be damaged. did it look as described in the auction ?

i would go so far to say that this item may have been miss sold and ebay or paypal should help you get your maoney back - may take a few weeks

you could email seller and say you are willing to ship item back and want a full refund - if she refuse then state you will be passingall contact and fault details to ebay & paypal and tehn start the dispute.

as a buyer and seller on ebay i hate sellers who misrepresent there goods, altho i charge mnore for shipping to make sure items are well wrapped and as secure as can be still get buyers sayingprice is to high - you cant win sometimes.

all the best and keep us informed

Thanks for the info, I will get on to it now.

I'll keep you informed! :D

501damian501
22-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the info, I will get on to it now.

I'll keep you informed! :D

its rare you will get a full refund, i sell on ebay, infacted am registered as a business on their, my returns policy states, customer pays for any returns to be sent back to me at their OWN cost, plus i shall take away things for like shipping and packing costs, plus ebay costs and paypal costs, as it does cost me to list items and as a business am not being at a loss...

also every item a seller sells on ebay they are held liable for any damages caused in transit...

and the returns policy is open for 14days...

diferent rules apply for non business sellers, but their pretty much the same...

oh yeah, plus if you do send it back, please use royal mail special delivery, so paypal can comfirm delivery, it only costs £20.70/10kg :eek:

501damian501
22-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the offer Damian, but I'm after rack (console) mounted.

If have some Kam ones I am going to sell. :D

Thanks,

i do have some rackmounted ones, but their mine :D

SC Events
30-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Hello all,

I thought I would let you know; PayPal have made the seller refund my money - I had to make a claim to get it.

I will now look for a good CD Deck (again), I'm still thinking about the Numark, but do any of you have any suggestions???

Again, my maximum spend is about £150

Thanks,

DJ Soo
31-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I got my Numark CDN22 double CD deck from whybuynew.co.uk last year for £85 but that was without the mixer but there are some other good deals on there. Although their title suggests things are not new, they usually are just B stock as I have had a few things from them and I'm very impressed. I hope that helps.

Best of luck!