PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Martin EFX500s

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Anyone use tri truss and Martin EFX500s? I want to mount them a bit higher and not on the bottom bars, but the Martin plate you get with the effect is making things complicated.

Anyone else use these effects on tri truss with the apex up?

23-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Anyone use tri truss and Martin EFX500s? I want to mount them a bit higher and not on the bottom bars, but the Martin plate you get with the effect is making things complicated.

Anyone else use these effects on tri truss with the apex up?

Hello

I used a couple of efx's over Christmas, i don't know whether you can see from the picture i have attached to this post, but the g-clamp was attached to the martin fixing plate, i then hooked it over the top bar it propped the effect more upright and didn't 'hang' off the bottom of the truss. (if that makes sense).

Hope that's some use to you.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks Alan. The only problem with that is that I can't angle it down to focus on the dance floor. The other problem I have is counter balancing the truss as if both EFX's go on the top bar, then it tips the truss foward and I don't have anything as heavy to go on the bottom back bar.

23-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Ah i see. Will your stands not cope with the weight on the front of the stands?

Later in December i had two EFX's & 2 SCX's on the top bar, with only a mirror ball and two chameleon 4's on the back bar & had the stands wound up to about 9ft high, it caused very little forward motion.

If you were comfortable with that, i guess you could replace the fixing plate with a suitable angled piece of metal to angle them down.

Or have you tried fixing the clamp straight on to the unit without using the fixing plate, i have done this with the SCX's, but i do know the EFX's are a lot heavier than the SCX's.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Ah i see. Will your stands not cope with the weight on the front of the stands?

They will, but the truss is tilting forward slightly.

Or have you tried fixing the clamp straight on to the unit without using the fixing plate, i have done this with the SCX's, but i do know the EFX's are a lot heavier than the SCX's.

I'm not sure where you'd put the clamp?

23-03-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure where you'd put the clamp?

Your right!, i have had a look at the back of one, i'd got it into my head that it had the little bracket like the acrobat on the back which the fixing plate then fixed onto.

The only other way i could see it working is that you drill the fixing plate halfway down and then bolt it in place. But that would reduce the amount of tilt you could put on it. They are a bit restricting really, which is really unlike Martin as they usually think of most things....

Sorry, i haven't been of any real help at all:(