PDA

View Full Version : Re worked website

daz226
24-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Hello peeps today i have been playing with my website and completly redone my front page your views on it would be great

my site as it is now www.djdazlive.com

and my new front page www.djdazlive.com/testsite

Pe7e
24-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Hello peeps today i have been playing with my website and completly redone my front page your views on it would be great

my site as it is now www.djdazlive.com

and my new front page www.djdazlive.com/testsite

It's a great improvement on the first site, there're just a couple of points I would recommend you sort out.

1# The 3 main graphic blocks should be aligned with each other and spaced evenly.

2# The introductory text needs reworking, you have some strange capitalisation and punctuation going off in there.

3# Redo your two photos (top left) to have the pic fill the available space with an even border around the pics, even if it means choosing different photos to display

DiscoPromotions
24-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi mate,

Old vs New: Great improvement

New site How was this constructed (application/s) as the blocks seem to causing gaps in text.

daz226
24-03-2009, 01:14 PM
yes its a work in progress and dreamweaver is not the best software to play with but ill adjust all the issues you guys pick up

i have just gone for a clean simple front page with no flash on it and that is easy to see and navigate.

and slowly ill update the other pages on my site as i go along

many thanks for the imput so far

rob1963
24-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Old vs New: Great improvement

:agree:

SilverlineDiscos
24-03-2009, 02:00 PM
yes its a work in progress and dreamweaver is not the best software to play with but ill adjust all the issues you guys pick up

i have just gone for a clean simple front page with no flash on it and that is easy to see and navigate.

and slowly ill update the other pages on my site as i go along

many thanks for the imput so far

Hi, firstly great new design - a big improvement certainly.

Also, if you need any help in using dreamweaver do give me a shout. I've managed to get around all of the little niggles in dreamweaver and can design sites that all align correctly. Do you use CSS and tables??

daz226
24-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi, firstly great new design - a big improvement certainly.

Also, if you need any help in using dreamweaver do give me a shout. I've managed to get around all of the little niggles in dreamweaver and can design sites that all align correctly. Do you use CSS and tables??

yes i do ill be playing with it again later setting the css tables to sort the presentation out ill style the fonts also to make it look sharper any tips would be great though but i have several css styles made just need tweeking

Tom
24-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Looks a lot better.

Just need a spell check really.

Main page, you have Favourites where it should be spelt favorites.

Silly little things really. :)

The gallery section needs sorting out also. On my pc all the pictures are in a small box on the top left and you need to scroll to look at the whole picture. :)

SilverlineDiscos
24-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Looks a lot better.
The gallery section needs sorting out also. On my pc all the pictures are in a small box on the top left and you need to scroll to look at the whole picture. :)

Looks like an Iframe that needs the size attributes changing :) :p

daz226
24-03-2009, 05:17 PM
once i have the format of the main page sorted then ill start bring the other pages in to line and ill be using differant gallery to display the pictures.

i think the look of the new site is better and less busy that the old one but i may play the colours.

spelling yes i should have checked but before it goes live as a main site ill make sure thats all in order

Jiggles
24-03-2009, 05:20 PM
heres a an idea for a gallery. http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5622&highlight=Gallery Don't think Marc will mind. :D

Marc J
24-03-2009, 05:53 PM
heres a an idea for a gallery. http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5622&highlight=Gallery Don't think Marc will mind. :D

Not at all :)

Re the OP - Big improvement on the old site :approve:

Jiggles
24-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Not at all :)

Got it implemented on my site just now :D

daz226
24-03-2009, 06:08 PM
now that i like a lot perfect size for the pictures thanks both of you for that i will have a go on it tonight:p

daz226
01-04-2009, 02:16 PM
ok front page is now complete

womble
01-04-2009, 02:51 PM
The hover-over images on your buttons are bringing up the wrong images - but it looks good other than that.