PDA

View Full Version : Rdio mics don't bounce.

Excalibur
28-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately. :( :( :( However, if you are fortunate enough to live in Yorkshire, there are places which can repair them. I've just had mine mended at Electromusic, Doncaster. Hopefully less than £30, and ready for tonight, having been taken in on Tuesday.

Just thought I'd post this, in case anyone in the area needs kit repaired.

CRAZY K
28-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Unfortunately. :( :( :( However, if you are fortunate enough to live in Yorkshire, there are places which can repair them. I've just had mine mended at Electromusic, Doncaster. Hopefully less than £30, and ready for tonight, having been taken in on Tuesday.

Just thought I'd post this, in case anyone in the area needs kit repaired.

Well my JTS ( which I am always telling you to buy :D ) has hit the deck a few times and still going strong.

The last time was memorably when I was working with the King of Light Screens ( Clive ) and a dotty old lady demostrated a bit of dancing before the gig started in front of said Lightscreens and crashed on to the floor bouncing off the screens and knocking my JTS which was safely on top--
on to the Dancefloor :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fortunately a combination of bouncy dance floor and robust JTS prevented any damage.

Far as I can tell from the vid of vthe event ( no I wont post it unless requested) Light Screens intact as well.

Moral of the post--get a JTS Peter and keep away from dotty elderly ladies at Weddings ;)

CRAZY K

Excalibur
28-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Well my JTS ( which I am always telling you to buy :D ) has hit the deck a few times and still going strong. .
I know. I tested one. ;) :D I liked it, but preferred the AT.

The last time was memorably when I was working with the King of Light Screens ( Clive ) and a dotty old lady demostrated a bit of dancing before the gig started in front of said Lightscreens and crashed on to the floor bouncing off the screens and knocking my JTS which was safely on top--
on to the Dancefloor :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fortunately a combination of bouncy dance floor and robust JTS prevented any damage.
In my case, a tiled concrete floor was unforgiving. :( :( :(

Moral of the post--get a JTS Peter and keep away from dotty elderly ladies at Weddings ;)

CRAZY K
There's a joke there, but I know I can't get it past the censor. ;) :(

Seriously, I'm really missing the third mic channel. I could send the cheap mic out on its travels. I'm looking at ways round this.