PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Phone

kd_entertainments
07-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Hi Folks

As 99% of my enquiries are via email, I have deceided to buy myself a blackberry!

I would highly recommend them as i can answer enquiries / provide quotations anywhere anytime. Which means that potential clients are impressed with the speed of my response.

I used to have a mountain of emails everynight to come home to and spend quite a lot of time on the laptop. For only £8.59 ontop of my o2 tariff its well worth the money!

Does anyone else use one? and What do you think?

Tom
07-04-2009, 02:42 PM
I got one and have been using one since 18 months ago. I'm on my second one now. I got the 8900. Great phones imo.

I send about 80% of my replys via my blackberry as most of the time I am not near a computer.

I pay £30 a month for my phone and that included the 200mb data transfer aswell. :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-04-2009, 02:46 PM
For only £8.59 ontop of my o2 tariff its well worth the money!

What is the extra for? Data use?

I have mine included (not with a Raspberry though) :D

kjdiscos
07-04-2009, 02:57 PM
What is the extra for? Data use?

I have mine included (not with a Raspberry though) :D

will be for BIS or BES depends what mail server hes running

Spirits High
07-04-2009, 03:14 PM
I've had my Blackberry coming up for a year now..........

Absolutely Luv it :D

It gives me that greater flexibility to answer emails quicker therefore giving the Client the speedy response they like.

wouldn't be without it now ;)

daz226
07-04-2009, 04:05 PM
blackberry curve 8900 here and love it

kd_entertainments
07-04-2009, 05:21 PM
I have a 8310 curve, paying the £8.59 for BIS... Well worth it!

Jiggles
07-04-2009, 05:24 PM
You have to pay extra to send and receive emails on a Blueburry? None of that with apple :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-04-2009, 05:25 PM
You have to pay extra to send and receive emails on a Blueburry? None of that with apple :confused:

Or with my X1.

Vectis
07-04-2009, 05:34 PM

Ah but it IS push as opposed to pull.

Mind you, if my pocket "bonged" more than once every 15 minutes I'd never get anything done :p

iPhone all the way. Beautifully integrated with Gmail and Gcal. Simples.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Ah but it IS push as opposed to pull.

Explain push email for me could you Martin?

I have pop3 email and hotmail configured on my phone to check every 5 minutes - what is the difference please?

Marc J
07-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Explain push email for me could you Marc?

I have pop3 email and hotmail configured on my phone to check every 5 minutes - what is the difference please?

The difference is 4 minutes 59 seconds if an email is sent to you just after you checked your mailbox. Push does just that, pushes the email to your phone (like a text does). Pull is you having to check your mailbox(es) to retrieve the email.

Vectis
07-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Explain push email for me could you Martin?

The difference is 4 minutes 59 seconds if an email is sent to you just after you checked your mailbox. Push does just that, pushes the email to your phone (like a text does). Pull is you having to check your mailbox(es) to retrieve the email.

:agree: - wot he said! :p

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-04-2009, 05:44 PM

Thank you!

kjdiscos
07-04-2009, 05:51 PM
The push service is provided by rim

The choice of bis for pop 3 / imap accounts

or bes for exchange servers

It also compress's the mail before sending it out to the device

Tom
07-04-2009, 05:54 PM
iPhone all the way. Beautifully integrated with Gmail and Gcal. Simples.

You can get them for the Strawberry also. FOC.

I prefer to use the built in software with the phone which is just linked up to outlook.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-04-2009, 06:06 PM
The push service is provided by rim

The choice of bis for pop 3 / imap accounts

or bes for exchange servers

It also compress's the mail before sending it out to the device

You might want to start putting things in laymens terms otherwise you could be wasting your time.