PDA

View Full Version : DMX Operator 192

Nickybah
12-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Being new to DMX and one to dabble a bit, I found out something that I expect is general knowledge. But in case it's not I thought I'd share it with everyone.

Having bought the DMX 192 I thought it a bit of a waste of available channels having to assign 16 channels to one scanner (especially when I don't have anything that uses more than 7). So I experimented with setting up two scanners on addresses 1 and 9 and hey presto by selecting scanner one I can programme one scanner on page A (bank 1) and by switching to page B (bank 2) I can programme the second scanner totally independantly. This effectively means that the unit could control upto 24 scanners instead of 12 as stated in the manual (and possibly more as many small units only use 4 channels).

As I only have 10 units to control at the moment I'll carry on using the sixteen channels for each unit as selecting the appropriate scanner by the numbered button makes life simpler. Also, though I can't imagine why it would, does anyone think or know that this might cause any harm to either the scanners or the controller?