PDA

View Full Version : Behringer Tweakalizer DFX69

DJ SLY
21-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Hello folks
I am thinking of getting this little tool to spice up my sound.Does anyone know how you connect it,i read somewhere where someone was saying you need a separate mixer for it to be connected ie instead of a combined cd/mix unit,you get a separate cd player & separate mixer,i have a Numark CD/Mix 1 & a Citronic CD/MP3 player/mixer,can i still hook this toy up to the two player/mixers?
Thank you

Excalibur
21-04-2009, 06:34 PM
I haven't worked out how you connect two mix units to one amp! :eek: :o :o
I think the Tweakalizer would be the last connection before your amp.
I could be wrong. One of the young Technocrats will be along shortly to enlighten us I'm sure. :D

kjdiscos
21-04-2009, 06:39 PM
It only has one line / phono input,

So its idealy used via send / return on a mixer,

So technicaly if you connected

the cdmix into say channel one on the citronic

and the tweak into the citronics s & r

you could use it on any of the channels on the citronic

http://www.behringer.com/EN/images/lightboxphotos/DFX69_P0192_Rear_web.jpg

OllieJames
21-04-2009, 06:43 PM
My friend has a couple.

You can go out from one channel on your CD decks, into the Tweekalizer then out of that into one channel on your mixer. However, you'd need two for a dual player.

kjdiscos
21-04-2009, 06:44 PM
My friend has a couple.

You can go out from one channel on your CD decks, into the Tweekalizer then out of that into one channel on your mixer. However, you'd need two for a dual player.

or use S&R

OllieJames
21-04-2009, 06:46 PM
or use S&R

Yes, i know - i have read your post. I was just offering an alternative.

DJ SLY
21-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Thank you for the replies.I probably confused a few people with my original question,i shouldn't have mentioned two cd/mix units,what i want to know is where exactly does the tweakalizer fit in a basic set up ie amp,cd/mix & speakers,what is connected to what,i hope am clear now?:)

DJ SLY
21-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I have found the manual in PDF format maybe it can be helpful too http://www.behringerdownload.de/DFX69/DFX69_ENG_Rev_A.pdf

OllieJames
22-04-2009, 06:23 AM
I have found the manual in PDF format maybe it can be helpful too http://www.behringerdownload.de/DFX69/DFX69_ENG_Rev_A.pdf

Are you only interested in buying one?

If so then i'd go like this:

CD-MIX - Tweak - Amp - Speakers

And use the Tweak when needed, alternatively, you can do this if you have two:

CD Mix Player1 - Tweak - Chan1 on mixer - amp - speakers
CD Mix Player2 - Tweak - Chan2 on mixer - amp - speakers

DJ SLY
22-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Are you only interested in buying one?

If so then i'd go like this:

CD-MIX - Tweak - Amp - Speakers

And use the Tweak when needed, alternatively, you can do this if you have two:

CD Mix Player2 - Tweak - Chan2 on mixer - amp - speakersYes,i ordered one.Thank you for your advice so does this mean it's only connected to one channel? It means i have to get two of them tweakalizers not so?

DJ SLY
22-04-2009, 09:13 AM
.... alternatively, you can do this if you have two:

CD Mix Player2 - Tweak - Chan2 on mixer - amp - speakersThis is the only way to use both channels but the issue i have found is that most amplifiers only have one input socket ie left & right be it Jack or XLR input socket so only one tweak will go on the amp or am i confusing myself even more?

OllieJames
22-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Yes,i ordered one.Thank you for your advice so does this mean it's only connected to one channel? It means i have to get two of them tweakalizers not so?

If you want to use one Tweek, then you can do my first idea:

Mixer out - tweek - amp - speakers.

However, this will apply the effect to both sides of the CD player.

This is the only way to use both channels but the issue i have found is that most amplifiers only have one input socket ie left & right be it Jack or XLR input socket so only one tweak will go on the amp or am i confusing myself even more?

This isn't an issue, as you'd take the right & left out of your mixer into the right & left of your amp, just like i assume you do at the minute.

My idea works by wiring the tweek after the CD PLAYER OUT and before the DJ MIXER CHANNEL INPUT. So all you're doing is adding in another unit. The connections from mixer to amp doesn't change :)

DJ SLY
23-04-2009, 02:36 PM
If you want to use one Tweek, then you can do my first idea:

Mixer out - tweek - amp - speakers.

However, this will apply the effect to both sides of the CD player.Thanx alot i will try this out as soon as the tweak is delivered.