PDA

View Full Version : Laser Midi Controller help needed

Pe7e
23-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Any midi experts out there? Laserworld sell (at an inflated price) the M-Audio Oxygen 8 v2 25-Key USB MIDI Controller as a simple, easy to use controller for their higher end lasers. To my mind, they have obviously mapped the keyboard out to use it this way. Does anyone know how to do this, or uses one themselves? I want to use one of these keyboards with a proline 500mW RGB laser. I would be happy to recompense anyone who can sort it out for me for their time and effort.

kjdiscos
23-04-2009, 01:17 PM
its mapped via enigma

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Enigma.html

just set the params

Pe7e
23-04-2009, 01:43 PM
its mapped via enigma

Just set the params

Thanks for the reply, but I wouldn't know where to start, I only discovered how to set the video 6 month before I binned it and bought a HD recorder which I'm still figuring out :o

kjdiscos
23-04-2009, 01:56 PM
It would'nt be an easy task to map it like they have, Hence why they are charging for the service with the mark up, You can get the keyboard for £50.00 ish in a virgin state, How do you find the proline 500mw ?

Pe7e
23-04-2009, 02:14 PM
The lasers OK, but due to the reluctance of venues to allow smoke, it doesn't get as much (paid for) use as I would like. I'm stuck at the moment with the few shows that came with the software, I need to find a way of making it a bit more user friendly without breaking the bank.

kjdiscos
23-04-2009, 02:17 PM
The pc option maybe better, As that one support ILDA does'nt it, so you could do text etc, And edit the shows on the pc, The shapes etc, You could draw what you wanted

Pe7e
23-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes the laptop control is an option, but it's difficult to work the laptop and keep you eyes on the music at the same time, the keyboard would be much easier for what I want, if I can get it sorted for a sensible amount. The other option is DMX control, but that requires about as much attention as the laptop method, and I'm far from competent at programming that either. I can actually play a keyboard and I'm sure I would find this much easier to do simultaneously while operating the decks and mixer, than using the other methods.

Starlight
27-04-2009, 06:27 PM
The lasers OK, but due to the reluctance of venues to allow smoke, it doesn't get as much (paid for) use as I would like. I'm stuck at the moment with the few shows that came with the software, I need to find a way of making it a bit more user friendly without breaking the bank.

Have you not considered getting 1 of those Laser World fine material backdrops to shine your laser beams onto? They are meant to give off spectacular effects giving the effects of your laser animations hovering in mid air!

Best wishes,

Neil.