PDA

View Full Version : cross over to cross over

Cj_The_Dj
24-04-2009, 11:13 PM
hi, im just wondering if it ok to use a active a crossover in to bass bins when they have internall one also? it is so I can use seprate amps. but some times only use one amp.

i also have another question.

i have the t.amp 2400 witch is 2x 1200W @ 4 Ohm, 2x 650W @ 8 Ohm RMS
and if i run my 600w rms @ 8ohms with 300w rms 8ohms top with internall corss over. (would this work fine and what would i get)?

Excalibur
24-04-2009, 11:18 PM
hi, im just wondering if it ok to use a active a crossover in to bass bins when they have internall one also? it is so I can use seprate amps. but some times only use one amp.

Yes. I do. A recent thread elsewhere suggested that if you are using dedicated bass bins, it's better to remove the internal crossover, but since you/I often make use of the internal crossover, that's not an option.

kjdiscos
25-04-2009, 09:32 AM
i have been thinking about this and not sure if possible, But maybe it possible to fit another speakon direct to the driver, bypassin the little crossover, And run it via an active cross

Excalibur
25-04-2009, 09:35 AM
i have been thinking about this and not sure if possible, But maybe it possible to fit another speakon direct to the driver, bypassin the little crossover, And run it via an active cross

Or if you want to live dangerously, use a cable wired across the other two spare pins and have a special cable for this purpose. ;) Recipe for disaster I reckon, but hey ho. :D :D

kjdiscos
25-04-2009, 09:43 AM
ahhh yes if your bins have 4 pole outlets, You could indeed wire 2 direct to driver, maybe with a switch to isolate it going back towards the internal xoss, maybe seems alot of messing lol.

DJMaxG
25-04-2009, 10:57 AM

i also have another question.

i have the t.amp 2400 witch is 2x 1200W @ 4 Ohm, 2x 650W @ 8 Ohm RMS
and if i run my 600w rms @ 8ohms with 300w rms 8ohms top with internall corss over. (would this work fine and what would i get)?

The sound will be much clearer with an active standalone crossover, when using passive speakers. Brian Redd did a test on it, and when just using the in-built passive crossover, vocals come through and all sorts.

This will be very difficult trying to use one in conjunction with one amp.