PDA

View Full Version : American Audio Q-Spand Pro

Disco Leisure UK
30-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi Guys,

Just picked up an American Audio Q-Spand Pro mixer for the other setup. On the rear of the unit it has a zone level output (RCA) which I've been told is a second master output?, it also has a zone level volume knob on the console, I am wondering whether or not this output could be connected to a seperate amp to run bass bins?

Vectis
30-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi Guys,

Just picked up an American Audio Q-Spand Pro mixer for the other setup. On the rear of the unit it has a zone level output (RCA) which I've been told is a second master output?, it also has a zone level volume knob on the console, I am wondering whether or not this output could be connected to a seperate amp to run bass bins?

Yep.

But it's a copy of the full-range signal, so you'll want to be putting it through a crossover at some stage.

Disco Leisure UK
30-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Yep.

But it's a copy of the full-range signal, so you'll want to be putting it through a crossover at some stage.

Cheers vectis, I have a seperate crossover but have also noticed that the bins have crossovers all ready in them, would these work or would it have to be with the use of seperate crossover?

Vectis
30-04-2009, 06:01 PM
The internal Xovers will be fine.

Problem is you're amplifying a full range signal only to throw some of it away (OK so it's only the top so only a small %age of power) but still it's oomph that your amp has to produce unnecessarily.

So if you can Xover before amp, then so much the better.

Disco Leisure UK
30-04-2009, 06:22 PM
The internal Xovers will be fine.

Problem is you're amplifying a full range signal only to throw some of it away (OK so it's only the top so only a small %age of power) but still it's oomph that your amp has to produce unnecessarily.

So if you can Xover before amp, then so much the better.

Ok, cheers for the advice vectis, will go through the crossover before amp route rather than overwork it...:)