PDA

View Full Version : Help extended. What do you think?

Charlie Brown
04-05-2009, 01:55 PM
I need to sort out my website for the summer.

Domain wise, should I keep charliebrownentertainments.co.uk or have charliebrowndisco.com or have both? I trying to keep costs to a minimum of course ;)

Should I completely change my name? I really can't decide what to do....

Jiggles
04-05-2009, 02:14 PM
ROB! dare you say anything about the 's' at the end :D Carry on

DJWilson
04-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Have both domains and get a google account and verifty your site and sitemap for better rankings, dont forget meta tags!

www.namecheap.com

Charlie Brown
04-05-2009, 02:22 PM
So hang on...I don't have the "S"....I have to though, otherwise I have to buy the domain from my previous hosting company. So I can have...

charliebrowndisco.com

charliebrownsdisco.co.uk

Which one do you think?

Jiggles
04-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I like the 's'. Just telling Rob not the moan about it! :D

DJWilson
04-05-2009, 03:26 PM
.com instead of .co.uk just looks better on business cards etc somehow imo

Pe7e
04-05-2009, 03:38 PM
.com instead of .co.uk just looks better on business cards etc somehow imo

I've always been under the impression a .co.uk domain would feature better in Google results for a search done within the UK. Maybe one of the web gurus can clarify this point.

Pe7e
04-05-2009, 03:52 PM
So hang on...I don't have the "S"....I have to though, otherwise I have to buy the domain from my previous hosting company. So I can have...

charliebrowndisco.com

charliebrownsdisco.co.uk

Which one do you think?

Why not CBdisco or CBsDisco they're both available as .com or .co.uk, the less people have to type the better, less chance of a spilling mistake :D

Charlie Brown
04-05-2009, 04:47 PM
That is very true :) I have gone for

www.charliebrownsdisco.co.uk

now..but thank you anyhow guys :)

rob1963
04-05-2009, 05:24 PM
ROB! dare you say anything about the 's' at the end :D

:zip:

DeckstarDeluxe
04-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I'll second whats been said about keeping the name short as possible. I know mine isnt the shortest by far and I do plan to rebrand with a domain that contains either alot less characters or something easy to remember such as cheltenhamdisco.co.uk etc...

Marc J
04-05-2009, 05:54 PM
I've always been under the impression a .co.uk domain would feature better in Google results for a search done within the UK. Maybe one of the web gurus can clarify this point.

.com is generic and not country specific so it wouldn't make any difference. I always advise clients to get the country specific and .com versions of their chosen domain if they can.

Charlie Brown
04-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Right ok...so I have my website and I'm slowly working through it. I want to know the most effective, cheapest way I can traffic my site.

I used to pay around £100 a month with google adwords...and it's just too expensive. Is there any other way round it? I want to be on google so when someone types in "mobile disco Nottingham" I'm up there:)