PDA

View Full Version : How would you word it?

Jay
05-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Hey fellas,

I have recently been told by the hospital that i'm likely to have a horrible disease(mylo displesia, which normally happens to 70/80 year olds, and i'm 22!! what gives!) meaning i'm likely to have to go through some pretty harsh sessions of keemotherapy. My dilemma is obviously I won;t be able to do the discos I had booked, I have got most of these covered now which is good but I keep getting calls and would rather just put a message on my website with something, obviously not what is actually happening but something to say I would be taking any bookings.

What would you put if you had to? something short? long? anything at all?

Any replies would be great.

Jay

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Sorry to hear of your illness Jay and I hope the chemo works for you.

I would put something like "Due to ill health, we have stopped taking bookings for the immediate future. Please note all functions currently booked will be honoured. Thank you for your attention."

Jay
05-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks, They said it was all fully treatable so no need to panic, just gonna take a while thats all.

I did put a message up, but I never mentioned illness, thanks for a quick reply, I wasn't sure about mentioning it thats all.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks, They said it was all fully treatable so no need to panic, just gonna take a while thats all.

I did put a message up, but I never mentioned illness, thanks for a quick reply, I wasn't sure about mentioning it thats all.

What did you put?

Spirits High
05-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Jay, sorry to hear that. Hope it goes well for you.

As a bit of inspiration have a search for Dragonflys posts ;)

I would put something like "Due to ill health, we have stopped taking bookings for the immediate future. Please note all functions currently booked will be honoured. Thank you for your attention."

:agree:

Jay
05-05-2009, 09:15 PM
At the minute, I have:

As of 5th May 2009, JR Discos will not be taking any further bookings until further notice.

This is due to unforseen circumstances but keep checking back as JR Discos will be
back soon ready to give you the party of a lifetime!

that took me about 10 seconds and thought after what to wriite, not best planning really lol. Will change tomorrow.

Thanks all.:)

Penfold42
05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Sorry to hear my friend. Hope the treatment goes well. :)
On a light note...if there is one... :o

Give all your new bookings to Nigel (£60).....sit back and watch the pounds roll in as you take the handeling charge. :p

On a serious note ditto to what Daz said. :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
In hindsight, it may be better to keep what you have. If you put something about illness, then people could think all sorts of things!

Vectis
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your problem and I wish you well soon.

As this is likely to be a short-to-medium term issue, why not simply state that you have no further capacity until XXX date? At least then it sounds like you're a busy chap (which is always a good thing to advertise) :o

James
06-05-2009, 02:57 PM
sorry to hear that mate

chin up, and think positive

best of luck

Paul The Party Dj
06-05-2009, 03:40 PM
I can't think of anything to add to "what you should put" - some good advice already there.

I just want to send my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
It's amazing what we can get through when we have to.
Most of older guys will have dealt with things we didn't think we were equipped to cope with. i, for one, will be counting my blessings following reading this thread.

All the very best Jay.

Paul the Party DJ

Jay
06-05-2009, 04:38 PM
cheers guys, your support means alot.

Yeah I am staying positive, It's fully treatable they said so apart from a few hard weeks/months I will be fine, which is better than some so i'm just looking forward to christmas time now when my sister comes back from a year in Australia as something to be totally better by, but hope to be sroted before then anyways :).

mike8863
06-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Best wishes, and I hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.
Mike

1st Choice Karaoke
06-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Best wishes, make sure you let us know all has gone well! DS

JDB Entertainment
07-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Best wishes, and I hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.
Mike

Ditto!

Excalibur
08-05-2009, 04:41 AM
May I echo what most folk on here have said, as I can add nothing better than that .