PDA

View Full Version : .....does such karaoke HDD even exist?

yukihanyu
07-05-2009, 01:06 PM
A karaoke HDD loaded with 127,000 songs for £140 - WOW
I thought it's cool, contacted the vendor, paid, but the item never arrived and even if I try to contact again, he made 10+ undelivered promises, dodged around and disappeared behind voicemail recently.

Am I defrauded? In general, is this a "too good to be true" kind of thing? Even if I did get it, I'm not sure about the copyright of all 127,000 songs.

Excalibur
07-05-2009, 06:46 PM
A karaoke HDD loaded with 127,000 songs for £140 - WOW
I thought it's cool, contacted the vendor, paid, but the item never arrived and even if I try to contact again, he made 10+ undelivered promises, dodged around and disappeared behind voicemail recently.

Am I defrauded? In general, is this a "too good to be true" kind of thing? Even if I did get it, I'm not sure about the copyright of all 127,000 songs.

Somebody will ask you to introduce yourself in the newbies section. ;) It's quite painless, and it's nice to read something about yourself.

As for the Karaoke HDD, there was a very similar thread on here recently. Opinion was that it was virtually guaranteed to be hooky. ;) :( :(

Tom
07-05-2009, 07:12 PM
If it's too good to be true, then it usually is.

Daryll
07-05-2009, 07:24 PM
:eek: Absolutely illegal
Just do the math`s ,lets say the karaoke disc is £10 each , and it contains 15 tracks.
that`s 8466 cd`s or £84,660 worth , now if he supplied the original discs , Bargain:D :D

Daryll

ppentertainments
07-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Anyone going to give him a ring to ask ???
We could do with loads of people pestering him.

Even got an address if you google the phone number.

He is even listed on Mobile Disco Directory

Spirits High
07-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Somebody will ask you to introduce yourself in the newbies section. ;) It's quite painless, and it's nice to read something about yourself.

and as if by magic :D

Please introduce yourself in the newbies section. As Excalibur said it won't hurt.....honest ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Note to moderators - approving posts with links to something dodgy is not a great idea! If in doubt, then edit or don't approve.

Excalibur
07-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Anyone going to give him a ring to ask ???
We could do with loads of people pestering him.

Even got an address if you google the phone number.

You're very good at this searching lark, aren't you? :bowdown: I couldn't find him on here. :o :o :o

yukihanyu
07-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Oh, thanks a lot for quick feedback!!

OK, it seems like "too good to be true" is actually the case. I take my next action then. Thanks a lot! Being a total outsider from karaoke/DJ/Disco business, I had no idea what is too good and what is reasonable.

Yes...... I see that.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Please don't link or suggest how to find illegal products on the forum. Thanks.

Sarahjovi
08-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Other on another Karaoke Forum, we report such advertised items to Ben at Sunfly, who reports it back to his fraud department!

Sarah

yukihanyu
08-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Other on another Karaoke Forum, we report such advertised items to Ben at Sunfly, who reports it back to his fraud department!

Sarah

Can I have the link?
I want to compare it to mine.

DazzyD
09-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Note to moderators - approving posts with links to something dodgy is not a great idea! If in doubt, then edit or don't approve.

Very good practice!

Some may remember I asked for peoples thoughts on this a few weeks ago. Someone posted an ad/link on my entertainers forum and it rang alarm bells straight away. It was dealt with quite quickly as advised by the good folk on here.

yukihanyu
09-05-2009, 10:35 PM

Sarah
Can I have more information on this "Ben and Sunfly" and "fraud department"?

Sarahjovi
10-05-2009, 11:22 AM
ok, This could be counted as a "dodgy link" or not, but it's from this very website.

That apparently bogus karaoke HDD I mentioned above is from this vender:
http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/view.php?id=92

Can I have more information on this "Ben and Sunfly" and "fraud department"?

Emmm.... Sunfly is one of the Biggest manufacturers of Karaoke Tracks!

What information do you want, Ben works for Sunfly and posts on the other Karaoke Forum that I go on!

You can contact Sunfly here http://uk.sunflymusic.com/uk/contact.asp (http://uk.sunflymusic.com/uk/contact.asp)

I'm not sure if the moderators would want me to post the other forums here, but it is quite easy to find! if you google karaoke forum!

Sarah:D

yukihanyu
04-06-2009, 01:51 PM
My colleague contacted this TJ's Disco & Karaoke guy by phone, and she was lied (no financial loss, just an unfulfilled promise as before). When I contacted, he answered but as soon as he noticed that it's me, immediately went silent, cut the line and hid behind voicemail.

I'm thinking about the police or court now. (legal cost etc is the other issue, so needing more thoughts)

Isn't it a problem that this guy is still being listed on mobilediscodirectory.co.uk?