PDA

View Full Version : help with head mic

mark karaoke
10-05-2009, 08:25 AM
can anyone help -- i am pulling my hair out
i have 2 sets of radio head mics
one is a samson the other is audio technica and for some reason i cant get them to make a sound----they are powering up fine and when a mate of mine tested them on an oscilloscope they are working but not a peep from them
any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

OllieJames
10-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Are they condensor mics? If so you'll need phantom power on your desk.

mark karaoke
10-05-2009, 09:22 AM
no m8 --- they are wireless headset kits
i bought them both 2nd hand on ebay and they worked perfectly fine --- but now both sets power up fine(headsets and receiver units) but no sound.
i havent a clue

mark karaoke
10-05-2009, 09:24 AM
no they are wireless sets
i bought them 2nd hand at various times off ebay-- both worked fine --- now they both power up (both headsets and both reveiver units) but no sound.
i havent a clue

OllieJames
10-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Hmm, i'm not sure. Someone will be along in no time to answer your question.

Hope you get them sorted!

mark karaoke
10-05-2009, 09:51 AM
ok --- many thanks for trying ---- i hope iget them fixed ----- really handy when trying to use computer and mixer ---- i'm hopeless but with both hands free i got a sporting chance he-he-he

spin mobile disco
10-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Have you checked the reciever and transmitter are both on the same frequency as this is normally changable. Also check they do not hve a mute button somewhere on them as soem radio mic have tham as well. And then obviously check the reciever is correctly plugged into your mixer on the correct channel and the channel is working.

mark karaoke
10-05-2009, 03:21 PM
i have done all that -- bar the frequency bit ----- as both headsets and receivers seem to have screw setings on them ---- can this be done by trial and error or is it a job for a proffesional ???
many thanks for the advice