PDA

View Full Version : skytec magic light-- ultra cheap

mark karaoke
10-05-2009, 03:27 PM
just bought a "skytec magic light" b grade off ebay.arrived yesterday and seemed to be working fine(tried in my living room) cost was £40 including delivery and 2 x 250 watt bulbs.seems like a bargain to me,has anyone got any experience of them (good or bad) so i've got an idea of whether to order another,it seems to have a similer effect to a martin t-rex only doubled,but a bit more crude
many thanks mark

UltraBeat Entertainment
11-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Not sure which light your talking about???

Is it a mushroom/honeycomb effect?

If so great value for money

mark karaoke
11-05-2009, 12:01 PM
looks like 2 wheel scanners welded together

Cj_The_Dj
11-05-2009, 02:48 PM
is this the light?
http://www.djshopper.net/images/100/150281w.jpg

If it is. I recon this would make a good center light. but as its dosnt work master-slave, i wouldn't have two.

mark karaoke
12-05-2009, 11:47 AM
yes mate--thats the one ,good value at £40 you reckon ????

Rowleys
12-05-2009, 03:58 PM
very good value i think

Charlie Brown
12-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Yeah it is very good value for money, but spending a little more on Dynmos would give a more professional look I feel.

Cj_The_Dj
12-05-2009, 07:08 PM
yes mate--thats the one ,good value at £40 you reckon ????

To be honest i have seen the in the flesh and dont look half bad, its also a good price. and i would have it as a center light. dont get another one as it will look pretty random.

Kernow
12-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Yeah it is very good value for money, but spending a little more on Dynmos would give a more professional look I feel.

What's a Dynmo charlie ?? ;)

I still have a GVG version of this light, which cost me about £100 years ago.
It's very bright & effective but ,with all the motors & glasswork, is pretty heavy at about 12 Kg. For that reason it's not been used for about the last 5 years and has been gathering dust.

mark karaoke
13-05-2009, 11:26 AM
thats why i got one kernow --- i had the gvg version,was a great light but kept blowing bulbs(when one went the other went as soon as a new one went in) it eventually packed up --- so when i seen this at the price i thought why not --- it is lighter than the gvg unit,but the mirrored wheels are not as good so the effect is slightly better on the gvg , if you dont use the gvg ,maybe we could come to an arrangement where i could maybe buy it off you ???