PDA

View Full Version : Maya 44 Problem - need help!

JDB Entertainment
17-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Okay so I brought a maya 44 usb the other day from HTFR (Thanks Adam)

So I plugged it in and went to put the installation cd in.

Windows said it had found the drivers etc.

All going well.

I open PCDJ FX VRM change all the outputs to Maya 44 and went to play a track...

The problem

I load a song up to the player, press play and nothing happens, PCDJ FX then freezes and won't let me do a thing.

I am running Vista with PCDJ FX VRM and according to a few websites the maya 44 usb should work with this.

I used the search facility and I know Excalibur had the same sort of issue but he was running XP and MM.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

James

deltic
18-05-2009, 07:46 AM
hi fella

don't use the aiso drivers from the install cd just let windows find the soundcard and use the windows drivers and all should be well

Excalibur
18-05-2009, 09:17 AM
hi fella

don't use the aiso drivers from the install cd just let windows find the soundcard and use the windows drivers and all should be well

I may be wrong, but isn't that what he said he did? :confused:

So I plugged it in and went to put the installation cd in.

Windows said it had found the drivers etc.

deltic
18-05-2009, 10:31 AM
just read the post again when i read it the first time i thought he had used the installation cd
my appologies

JDB Entertainment
18-05-2009, 11:15 AM
maybe i miss worded it.

I put the cd in then plugged the maya 44 usb. But nothing started up from the cd like it would normally if you install a game for instance.

should i un-install and then re-install the drivers??

I read this on PCDJ Website last night but it was on xp not vista which I am on.

thex-faders
18-05-2009, 11:21 AM
On vista you need to use the asio drivers as far as i understand. I had this problem with VJ but now the asio driver works fine and never have a problem with it.

Also, make sure you plug it into the same USB slot each time, sounds silly but I think the driver only relates to one usb for some reason? So plug it into the same usb as you install it on.

The software for maya 44 is for xp so I think it needs to run in compatability mode or something, as after i installed mine it said reinstall with recommended settings?

This is only my personal experiance, and may be different with FX but I have to use the asio drivers and not windows when running vista.

Hope this helps

bobmo
18-05-2009, 09:20 PM
hi
yes you need to use the asio drivers as i had the same prob
with virtual dj

JDB Entertainment
18-05-2009, 10:31 PM
i did read on pcdj forums thoiugh that pcdj fx vrm does not support asio drivers.

So something for me to try is...

Unistall the drivers.
Insert Maya 44 usb without CD
windows should then find drivers
and it should all work!

...???

thex-faders
18-05-2009, 11:17 PM
i did read on pcdj forums thoiugh that pcdj fx vrm does not support asio drivers.

So something for me to try is...

Unistall the drivers.
Insert Maya 44 usb without CD
windows should then find drivers
and it should all work!

...???

If your running vista, i think it will struggle! ALthough it may ask for you to locate the driver yourself? Then slip the cd in and locate the driver in the folder? Give that a go.
Good luck

DJMaxG
23-05-2009, 09:39 PM
I open PCDJ FX VRM change all the outputs to Maya 44 and went to play a track...

You did check these settings were correct in the Config Menu, and not set the PCs own sound to the Maya Soundcard, right?

It is probably an issue with drivers etc.